Mods on '05 Fizzer

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
G'day Guys and Girls,
I have a 2005 FZ6 with about 29000kms on it.

Now, as I'm a fat prick, I am looking to upgrade the forks, on a budget.

I have been looking at some springs and there was a site linked somewhere in here, that told me I need 1mm/kg (or something) springs that would cost be roughly $120ish.

Now, I would be syphoning/sucking the oil out of the forks on the bike (which seems to have been successfully done by others) and adding a different weight of oil too.

So, based on the much stiffer springs, would you recommend 15w? (can I get 10w?)

I think the 5w would make it too bouncy.

Also, I am looking at either buying a Power Commander (for about $350) & dynotune ($300) or getting the ECU flashed ($600). Both methods seem to have their benefits - the PCIII/V will let me adjust the mapping etc down the track, whereas the ECU flash does more, but can not be changed without another $600 reflash.... (though I doubt I'll need to change it?)

Any and all advice appreciated.

Cheers,
Rick

Last edited:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Check Ebay for the PCIII. I was really lucky and found a second hand one for my bike that already had the Scorpion map on it :cheer:

lazerfazer

Reaction score
Visit site
get a power commander used, i believe i paid like 175...and forum members gave me a custom map i loaded on with no problems