Mod for Aggressive Riding Position

liquiddragon86

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all. I tried searching for this in the search but i am not sure what mod it would be considered, or if it even exists....

Ok, so i'm looking to basically have my riding position be a little more aggressive like the title says. I'm not talking super sport aggressive but definitely a good in between. is there a good way to do this? i was looking at maybe handlebars but i'm worried that if i get new bars they will end up hitting my tank.

S

Shamus McFeeley

FZ1 bars are a good place to start. Rear sets would be your next step, but they're going to be fairly expensive.

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
Here're a few ideas: FZ1 bar (angled as low as you can go), raise forks through triple by 10mm, rear setback plates, sit farther back on the seat, toes on the pegs, chest on the tank.

Here's me posing in aggressive position. It would be awesome if a photoshop expert can make the background look like I'm going really fast :D

4415789488_b693612cd1.jpg

Showing setback plates on the rear set and handlebars.

4415789588_526169a86e.jpg

Rear angle of the bike showing FZ1 bars again -- they could be angled down further (I did but don't have a picture yet).

4415789358_01ae603c16.jpg

Dennis

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I went for Drag bars on my bike.....depending on how you adjust them, they can very from quite aggressive to just a little more forward, and just a little bit further down.

Here...have a look!

View attachment 25691

View attachment 25692

View attachment 25693

Bike is a lot better for me, can feel the feedback from the front wheel, more weight over the front wheel, less weight on my butt, but not too much on my wrists, or shoulders....is even better for touring IMHO!

:thumbup:

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Don't forget adding some adjustable rearsets! I have the RIZOMA's (PJ's Parts) and they can be adjusted lower and farther back than the stock rearsets, hence adding and improving to your more agressive riding position (plus they are just damn sexy!).

DSCF4661.jpg

More pics and details here: Boneman's FZ6 Site - RIZOMA Rear Sets

liquiddragon86

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks for all the responses guys! Wow i didn't think there would be that much to it haha. Welp! More money goin into my bike mod fund and less to the beer fund >_<! Worth it tho!

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree with the drag bars, they are a great way to get a feel for more aggression on the fz6, I put mine on about a week ago and its definitely still comfortable and sporty. I am 6'4" though so I kind of needed them :) You can buy a cheap pair for good price.

this is where i got mine

Bikemaster Drag Bar Handlebar - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

NOTE! these handlebars don't have threads in them, at least the set i received.

I use bar end mirrors anyway so its no big deal for me.

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Dennis what seat do you have? and how do you like it?

Top Sellerie -- I think that's the correct name.

Top Saddlery is the popular name -- although incorrect.

Funny how www. topsaddlery .com gets you to www. topsellerie. com -- I guess they figured us Americans seem to get it wrong a lot.

I'm not sure what model I have or how to tell but from what I understand, it was pretty expensive (came with the bike). FZ1inNH can say as it's his old bike.

I don't like it because I cannot shift my butt around by sliding -- I have to pick my butt up. I really like it because when my butt is on it, it feels comfortable :D. I think it's nicer than the stocker looks. From what I understand, it is significantly more comfortable.

If I ever trade my bike in, this seat will surely be sold separately because trade-in value does not add the value of this seat (even though used).

Dennis

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
LMAO! Just love it when someone rolls out that ol' chestnut!

:spank: :D
Lol. You all know you'd swap the R6 for the FZ6 in a second if it was a comfortable to ride and as cheap! :D I would - except I'd cripple myself riding to work every day on it.

Hmmm. Maybe I should buy an R6 to look at and a cruiser to ride daily! J/K!

Knabel

Reaction score
Visit site
I am a short little guy, so my 'aggressive' riding position is my lazy position. When I lay on the tank and tuck my elbows in they just naturally rest on my knees. Great for those long straight stretches of interstate. :)

BusyWeb

Reaction score
Visit site
My aggressive riding position... ha ha ha

Put my hips as far as back and tuck my chest above the tank... that's all.
It's same posture as against head wind riding position..

May need some investment... um...don't like it but that might gives me better riding experiences.