Missing parts for r6 fork conversion

Black_Cirrus

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I got forks, calipers and axle, but need a few little things the ebay seller couldn't find:spank:. The 2 main things missing are the axle end bolt, and most importantly the brake pad shim also known as the support bar (partshark shows it fits either side and same part number for 08 fz6), also the little wire clips that hold the bar & shim in. Any body have the parts laying around they want to get rid of. I'll check the dealer to see if they want the full $20 list for that little piece of stamped tin tomorrow:(.

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
One quick thing that may aide in your search; What year R6 forks are you working with?

Also, did your kit include all of the necessary custom shims and brackets to make it possible to install on the FZ?

Black_Cirrus

Reaction score
Visit site
doing the "drop in conversion" I have 2004 r6 parts and a 06 FZ6. I can understand a $6-7 bolt its that shim that shocked me. I have all the shims needed already, got the r6 fender so I still have to decide what I'm for the fender, the riding seasons almost over so not a huge rush on that part.

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Metric Parts Outlet has them for $11.26 each; probably looking at $30 for the pair after shipping.

Website here: Metric Parts Outlet USA, AA (866) 237-2561

I'm sure you know this but the R6 fender will "work" but it leaves very little space with the wheel. The fork spread on the FZ6 triple is larger than the R6 which stretches the fender making it closer to the tire tread. Most people opt for the full kit to install the stock FZ6 fender shown below:

P7060232.jpg

Just a thought! :)

Black_Cirrus

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm well aware:thumbup:, I'm pretty sure I read every post there is took almost a month for the stuff to get to me. bought the shims then 2 days latter found the other kits don't have the fender spacers but kinda like the r6 fender better so I'll decide when i get there.