Missing fuel tank bolt.

rdrManny

Reaction score
Visit site
Recently I noticed that my 2 month old 07 FZ6 is missing one of the fuel tank bolt(right side). Where can I get replacement? Should I make trip to Yamaha dealer/service? Thanks

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Recently I noticed that my 2 month old 07 FZ6 is missing one of the fuel tank bolt(right side). Where can I get replacement? Should I make trip to Yamaha dealer/service? Thanks

Of course not. Just pull one of the other bolts out so you can match it and take it to Ace or any good hardware store.
Someone may chime in with exact bolt specs.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

That's what I did, along with another oil drain bolt. Gets kind of worn after a dozen oil changes.

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Guarantee you same bolt will be about 50 cents at hardware store.. and no shipping cost. But hey, it's your money :)

Probably, but I usually have problems with bolts bought from the hardware store rusting. Maybe I buy the wrong thing.

rdrManny send me a pm with your address and I'll mail you one for free. I replaced mine last year and kept the old ones.

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
I've popped into my local Napa to pick up bolts here and there. If I'm only looking for one or two, they typically just give them to me. A good dealership will just give you one as well.

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
Probably, but I usually have problems with bolts bought from the hardware store rusting. Maybe I buy the wrong thing.

rdrManny send me a pm with your address and I'll mail you one for free. I replaced mine last year and kept the old ones.

Ask for stainless steel. Steel bolts (carbon steel) will rust but are stronger and cheaper. So the default bolt you would be handed would be a carbon steel. It will rust. Stainless is more than strong enough to hold a tank in place. :)

rdrManny

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you all for useful info. I ordered 2 from ronayers.com. I wanted to put the right bolt. Thank you so much ant_mb for your offer. I guess I was too early to place order !

cap'n

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I did the hardware store thing first, 2 years ago. It rusted, and quickly. I finally bit the bullet this year and ordered 2 new ones, and it's been much nicer not to look down and see rust.

dblaze

Reaction score
Visit site
If you are looking for replacement bolts go for stainless steel which are stronger than carbon steel bolts but if you want the cheaper option go for carbon steel but make sure you buy them BZP coated (bright zinc plate) which offers rust protection.