Mirror Options with VS-2 Kit: BIKEMASTER UNIVERSAL FZ6 MIRRORS

Rookie08FZ6

Rookie
Reaction score
Visit site
Looking at options for mirrors. Anyone have any experience with these?

BIKEMASTER UNIVERSAL FZ6 MIRRORS
Get Your Motorcycle Accessories , Motorcycle Helmets , and Motorcross GEAR at The Iron Pony!

BIKEMASTER-FZ6-MIRROR.jpg

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
No, but the OEM FZ6 in the states doesnt have threaded holes for mirrors like that. You can source an FZ8 brake master cylinder and then drill and tap the clutch side, or you can go with a different option.

I went with the Rizoma knock off mirrors from RideItMoto and really like them. But, if you want to keep the stock bar ends, takes a little cutting and chopping to make them fit right. You can find them here:

CNC Billet Mirror - Sport bike Racing Parts-Performance Sportbike Custom Levers,Rear sets,Billet Mirror,Sport bike Accessories

Rookie08FZ6

Rookie
Reaction score
Visit site
I was hoping to use the mirror assembly provided by the VS-2 kit but instead of the mirrors provided, was wanting to get these? So was not sure if it will work. Any thoughts?

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
I was hoping to use the mirror assembly provided by the VS-2 kit but instead of the mirrors provided, was wanting to get these? So was not sure if it will work. Any thoughts?

Not sure if the threading on the mirror mounts proivided with the VS kits are the same, but I wouldnt be surprised if they are.

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
The mirror mounts on the VS-2 kit will not work with after market mirrors like the one you are showing. The Vs-2 kit has mounts from Yamaha, which means that the right ride screws counter-clockwise rather than clockwise like everybody else. So you will only be able to mount one mirror.

I got mirrors from this eBay seller, good quality and the price is very good:
http://stores.ebay.ca/lisalin2011/M...4464012&_sid=1055967342&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

For the mounts, I use something like this on the right side. You replace the bracket of your gas lever mount.
10mm M10 Motorcycle Handle bar Handlebar Mirror Mount Mounting Clamp Universal | eBay

For the left side, I used something like this:
Motorcycle Handlebar Mirror Mount Universal 10mm x 7/8 | eBay

You will also need two 10mm nuts.

With the above, you should be able to mount any after market mirrors. No drilling and anything tedious.

Here is a pic of how I did it. (I know the nuts do not match, but I didn't have anything better at the time. It's been fixed since then).

Rookie08FZ6

Rookie
Reaction score
Visit site
Got these mirrors from the local store and so far so good. Theres some vibration at highway speeds but I like them. Also got the universal mirror mounts on both ends

chill

Reaction score
Visit site
I purchased some Rizoma mirrors (PJ's Parts) then ordered the FZ8 clutch mount (Yamaha); and drilled/hand-tapped the round, flat spot on the FZ6 front-brake master, using a 8.8mm drill bit.

picture.php

I read about doing it on this forum somewhere (Thx Yamaha FZ6 Forum Community) Nice and clean with no extra mirror mounts required. ...and it was fairly easy to do. :D

Rookie08FZ6

Rookie
Reaction score
Visit site
How much did you have to pay for the Rizoma mirrors and is there any vibration at highway speeds (>70mph)?

I purchased some Rizoma mirrors (PJ's Parts) then ordered the FZ8 clutch mount (Yamaha); and drilled/hand-tapped the round, flat spot on the FZ6 front-brake master, using a 8.8mm drill bit.

picture.php

I read about doing it on this forum somewhere (Thx Yamaha FZ6 Forum Community) Nice and clean with no extra mirror mounts required. ...and it was fairly easy to do. :D

chill

Reaction score
Visit site
How much did you have to pay for the Rizoma mirrors and is there any vibration at highway speeds (>70mph)?

They were $88 for each mirror. A bit expensive, but not bad for Rizoma. I like the look and they really are a quality product; decent size, adjustable with absolutely no vibration at hwy speeds. :thumbup:

Here's where I got them - "Dynamic" Rizoma Mirror, PJ's Parts