Mirror Corrosion

andysadd

Reaction score
Visit site
Just been unwrapping my 2009 FZ6 Fazer from winter hibernation and noticed there is like a black corrosion around the edge of the mirror glass, i looks like paint on the surface but it is set in to the mirror itself. The bike has been kept dry all winter.

any way of getting rid of it or would the mirrors be covered on my yamaha warrenty?

Andy

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You can find some more info here.
I know it's not exactly the same but I'm sure it must come under the same 2 year warranty. I hope your dealer can help you out with this one.

mred

Born again biker!
Reaction score
www.steveszone.co.uk
Hi! My friend had the same problem on his bike which was on an 07 plate and it WAS covered under the warranty. However the replacement mirrors had the same problem showing the same symptoms after a few months by which time his warranty had expired! My bike is a year old (09) and as yet the mirrors look OK but I am waiting for it to happen to me. I am guessing it is a manufacturing fault with the mirrors that has not been rectified yet!

fazerfred

Reaction score
Visit site
I had both mirrors replaced last year under warrenty as the backing was coming off the glass and leaving the same problem.

Left hand mirror is now experiancing the same problem and dealer was reluctant to do another warrenty claim for it. Eventually put it in as the bike still has the same defect and is still under warrenty!

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
The glass is fine on mine (04),its just the arms that have rusted over the winter.I guess I missed them with the ACF50 :rolleyes:

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
it should be covered under warranty. when i bought my 06 it had the same problem, the previous owner didnt bother to change the mirrors and by the time i decided to change them the warranty had expired.