• 40-60k

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • More than 60k

Votes: 9 5.7%

• Total voters

JeffSez59

Reaction score
Visit site
Just picked the bike up this October with 15,800mi showing on the clock. Despite a rough Rough ROUGH! winter here in nj this year, she now as 21,200mi showing! [emoji106] Thinking of riding down to SC and over to Sturgis possibly this year so the miles keep racking on up. Valve check and throttle body sync probably in order soon!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

crazydmc

Reaction score
Visit site
just hit 60,000 ... miles that is.

2007 FZ6 -- original owner -- lots of tires, front brakes, chain and sprockets (once at 45k miles), clutch cable, battery, air cleaner, oil changes... that's it. still runs and looks like new (always garaged)

I probably should adjust the valves...
i-csDQJ5L-M.jpg

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
okay.... mine was collected brand new on 1 April 2004. So she is ten years old.

Currently around 52,000km (32,300 miles).

In that time it has been serviced 3 times. Twice by dealer in the "warranty" period, once by me. Replaced the stock battery at 9 years. Replaced the original chain and sprockets at around 50,000km. Never had any steering head or swingarm bearings, injector balancing, valve clearances, cam chain checks, I lube the chain when I think about it. It has been to redline twice in ten years, both times on a dyno.

The bike is bulletproof despite my lack of TLC.

Sad to say, I haven't ridden since before Christmas :spank:

Wildcat_drvr

Great-Grandpaw!
Reaction score
Visit site
Well it's time for my first major maintenance @ 24,980 miles,Felix's chain is terminal.Had 3 links get stiff,even though I'm anal about lubing it.Got 2 freed up but the 3rd is stubborn!While working on it noticed that is was quite a bit of difference in the slack of the chain as I was revolving the wheel.Have a stretched chain I'd think :rolleyes:!
The sprockets are in good shape,the front sprocket is more worn then the rear but it should be,it revolves 2.875 times to the rears once. I want to go up 1 tooth on the front,I'm tired of trying to find 7th gear!My boot has a dent from trying' to hit 7th!
I know it will slow me down off the line but it won't hurt the acceleration too much will it?
Rich

Themadclowns

Reaction score
Visit site
Been here since 2011... (quiet forum reader and rare poster). There are only 6 who have posted more than 60k miles? 0.o I thought for sure my 3 hr a day on a bike was perfectly normal... hmm rethinking commute strategy....

On a serious note, I put over 40k miles on my FZ in the last three years and in that time, I dumped it lightly (sleep deprivation induced) and just last year i was hit by a van... Both times plastics were all that were damaged :). With that being said, it runs perfectly, has been the best vehicle I have EVER owned.

Last edited:

FZSexy

Reaction score
Visit site

not much and only 3000 are from myself. new to me, the bike has gotten better and better as its become familiar to me. no problems, shows no signs of any, and is in "almost like new" condition all around

i can't imagine this bike at 60,000! i have seen one at a shop with 30,000 and a dealer with 77,000. will my bike make it there? look at all the miles i have to go! woo-hoo :D

sounds like semi regular maintenance and some good neglect is all it takes to keep 'em on the road, too. just have a routine and do a little repair if any at all....and ride

have a feeling i will have this bike for awhile :Sport:

Last edited:

Ohendo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just passed the quarter century mark this evening....
suje3ypa.jpg

15K are mine, done over 2.5 years. Hoping for at least 25K more before I get the itch for another bike. She's running better than ever these days, only minor maintenance thus far (plugs, steering bearings, OEM chain, fluids).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
got it with about 2,500 miles, i put the first 2,500 in the first month we had it. when we got it out in the spring with 5,000 miles it became the wifes and she has put all the miles from 5,000 to now. so about 11,000 miles in about 4 years or so. she has some medical issues and does not ride a great deal, and cannot do any more than a day trip in one ride.

has had regular service, but not over done!

oil on time
regular chain lube
plugs last winter

i finished off the oem rear, we put on a pirelli diablo that lasted till the oem front was done, and she just wore out a set of bt23 and we just put on fresh ravens this spring.

going to do coolant, brake fluid, air filter, and check several things this winter possibly do a swingarm lube, and check head bearings.

have lowered, swapped signals ( was dropped when we got it, and the front bracket were broken, and she dropped it on the other side later resulting in the same.) fe, sliders are about all for now. still rocking the oem battery! and considering a projector retro too.

for how and how much she rides the bike does great, and i will be on my 4-5th bike by the time we think about getting rid of it! if even then! ( in my defense i sold one, deer took one, and the one i have now is just to get me to the one i want!)

Mac fz6n

Reaction score
Visit site
Got my 04 in 2009 with 7000k's (4350 miles).

Bike now has 90000k's (56000 miles). see attached.

Replaced stator at 45000 k's (burnt out coil).
Replaced front springs at 60000k's.
Replaced chain and sprockets at 70000k's.
Just had frame crack welded, replaced several bearings/bushes/seals while bike was apart, also checked valves, all within spec.

Bike has been bulletproof in so many ways, I ride it as daily commuter and like I stole it on the weekends.

Cheers,
Mac.