Might pick up an 09 R6 and R1 just for kicks

chuckfz6ryder

Reaction score
Visit site
Let's don't get jumpy here. I just want them to say I have them and stare at them they are so sexy. I may ride them in about a year. Hahahahaha.......

yeah, and pour me an ice cold beer, and I'll just look at it for awhile:thumbup:

Seriously, if you had 1700 miles you still haven't learned much at all. I've been riding since 1985, and don't feel a need for an R1. I've got a friend with a Busa, and I've ridden with him on my wife's XT225 dual sport and around town he can't believe how that could move with a whopping 15HP, not that he couldn't leave me in his dust! I've ridden her old Ninja 250 pretty hard as well. Any bike can get you in trouble if you don't respect it.

Learn with the FZ6R, enjoy it, push it a little, but respect it

S

sm00thpapa

yeah, and pour me an ice cold beer, and I'll just look at it for awhile:thumbup:

Seriously, if you had 1700 miles you still haven't learned much at all. I've been riding since 1985, and don't feel a need for an R1. I've got a friend with a Busa, and I've ridden with him on my wife's XT225 dual sport and around town he can't believe how that could move with a whopping 15HP, not that he couldn't leave me in his dust! I've ridden her old Ninja 250 pretty hard as well. Any bike can get you in trouble if you don't respect it.

Learn with the FZ6R, enjoy it, push it a little, but respect it

Oh I know man. I'm gonna stick with the FZ6R for awhile before I upgrade to a new bike.

yamaha rider87

Reaction score
Visit site
My next bike may be the Bmw F800st, with a nice akrapovic exhaust. :D
But this may take at least another 2years. I love my fz6. But I'm tinking about selling my leovince exhausts. Even with the db-killers in, they are personally to loud for me on long distances...

Yea I want a CBR1000RR next, but I'm in my second year of riding, so I figure I'll wait two more years, so I'll have over 4 years total, plus I'll be 25 so FAT insurance discount :thumbup:

scottsst

Reaction score
Visit site
I will have the chance to ride both the R1 and the R6 at the track next week. I will post up a review of both after the track day . I really look foward to the chance to really ride them hard at the track thats where you really find out what a bike is made of

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
is this the start of the SmoothPapa motorcycle museum?

I will help you keep the wheels turning on them if you want to make sure that they get the compulsory miles per year :)

FZ6biker

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I went into my local bike shop and saw both just sitting there right next to an FZ6R. I love my FZ6R but I fell in love with the R6 and R1 styling. I might pick both up just to say I have them and just stare at them in my garage. I might be crazy but I am so tempted to do it. :Sport:

Getting brave, are we ?

Hey the more the merrier, As long as I can reserve a ride on one of them you have my permission to go ahead :thumbup:

S

sm00thpapa

I will have the chance to ride both the R1 and the R6 at the track next week. I will post up a review of both after the track day . I really look foward to the chance to really ride them hard at the track thats where you really find out what a bike is made of

Dude try and use an onboard cam and take some videos for us.