Might be getting an FZ6 tomorrow...

TheRabbi

Reaction score
Visit site
I checked out an FZ6 at a local dealer last night (on consignment) it's a 2008 Black on Black with 3,500 miles and one owner. It looks to be in immaculate show room condition, there wasn't a scratch or ding anywhere. It has frame sliders on it and they had no signs of any kind of wear, I don't think this bike has been down at all even in a parking lot. It's completely stock with the exception of Kuryakyn Lizard Lights throughout the fairings.

Ideally I wanted to be at $4,500 OTD but I was able to talk them down to $4,900 OTD (4,500 before TT&L), should I jump or should I pass and wait for a better deal? Should I see if they'll throw in any extras to sweeten the deal? Are there any extras I should specifically try and get? (ex: lube? cover?) Just to reiterate, it is on consignment which means they're selling it on behalf of someone so all negotiations have to take another "hop" before they can accept an offer.

FWIW, I have no real reason to want to be at $4,500 OTD it just felt like a good number. :p So if this is still a good deal at that price, I'd be ok with that.

Since we all know :needpics:
MMZJHX

Random question, is a rear stand useful or is the center stand more than sufficient?

Thanks guys! Maybe I'll be a proud new owner tomorrow. :thumbup:

Shiny_side_up

Reaction score
Visit site
I know that in California, that'd be a pretty good deal. I bought my 2009 with no miles on it new in 2010 for $4900 plus a bending over of "dealer prep". That said, it was still only $500 more than a Suzuki GS550 that I was there to look at and worlds nicer.

Only comment I'd add is that a 2008 with 3500 miles on it most likely has very old original tires that I'd factor into your overall cost. Most on this list would tell you that you probably don't want to ride around on a tire that old (read - hard).

That said, I really outta replace the tires on my 2009 are they're still original. Tons of tread left, but they have a shelf life regardless.

And the bike is a beauty - looks just like mine did!

TheRabbi

Reaction score
Visit site
Only comment I'd add is that a 2008 with 3500 miles on it most likely has very old original tires that I'd factor into your overall cost.
Excellent point. I should have mentioned that the dealer said the owner did an oil change and put new tires on it at their shop before selling it (i.e. they have the paperwork).

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I say go for it! Thats really low miles for an 08 and its barely broken in.

Now, your next pic better be of the bike at your place of residence:BLAA:

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Id jump on it for sure. i was gonna suggest a free set of fresh skins but y'all beat me to it. See how many miles are on the tires and check where they are worn (chicken strip areas, bald spots, center wear and notches from center to sides) if they are worn badly, talk the tires down. Its a fantastic bike you'll love it.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I say go for it! Thats really low miles for an 08 and its barely broken in.

Now, your next pic better be of the bike at your place of residence:BLAA:

And before Joe taints the thread with colors of Blue being faster (others will claim Red), well its the Raven black that comes out in front every time!

Good Deal mine was last year - 08, 4188 miles, $4300 and yes, its the Fastest Black color!

Great Bikes! Do IT!

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
And before Joe taints the thread with colors of Blue being faster (others will claim Red), well its the Raven black that comes out in front every time!

Good Deal mine was last year - 08, 4188 miles, $4300 and yes, its the Fastest Black color!

Great Bikes! Do IT!

:Flip:....:BLAA:

TheRabbi

Reaction score
Visit site
I was pleasantly surprised to see the odo reading 1472 instead of the advertised 3,500. Makes me wonder why he replaced the tires though they definitely look new. I'll be headed there tomorrow morning to pick this darling up.

As for the fastest color, that's TBD but there's one indisputable fact - the black on black is downright sexalicious. Stay tuned for pics tomorrow.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations...I think it's an awesome deal. :thumbup:
I got my 2008 with 7,000 miles for 3700.00 with no history (repo) but i thought I got a good deal with the add ons..

Enjoy the ride and welcome to the forum. :rockon:

reallynervous

Reaction score
Visit site
I got my 07 FZ6 on Craigslist for 4100 with extras including extended warranty. It had 3400 miles now close to 4000 over the last 5 days. Love this bike.

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
I was pleasantly surprised to see the odo reading 1472 instead of the advertised 3,500. Makes me wonder why he replaced the tires though they definitely look new. I'll be headed there tomorrow morning to pick this darling up.

As for the fastest color, that's TBD but there's one indisputable fact - the black on black is downright sexalicious. Stay tuned for pics tomorrow.

Tires were replaced because the stock tires are hard from the factory and only get harder.

If this is the bike you want, it's worth it. You're paying extra for a cosmetically pristine bike so don't drop it! No pressure.. ;)

TheRabbi

Reaction score
Visit site
Picked up my first bike this Saturday so I'm officially an FZ6 owner. :rockon: :sinister: Sorry for the delay in posting the pics, but I was a little preoccupied. ;)

A few pictures of my beautiful ladies.
Here's Lilah, my black on black Yamaha FZ6.
Lilah1.jpg

And here's Lilah with my old girl, Izzie, the black Accord in the background. It rained the night before, I promise Izzie isn't usually that dirty!
Lilah2.jpg

Last edited: