Metzeler roadtec Z8 interact? Reviews

Northern Rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Well decided to put on a pair of Metzeler roadtec Z8 interact, Bike is still in the shop for a couple of other things, any FZ riders out there have any reviews?

The Dude

abides
Reaction score
Visit site
I think you're supposed to read the reviews before making the decision to buy :tard:

But now that you have them, keep us posted on your results.

Northern Rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I actually did lots of research about sport touring tires, just wanted to know if any FZ riders have them. I will write a review once I scrub them in. Picking her back up this friday.

5spoke

Reaction score
Visit site
I considered these and ended up with the Pirelli Angel ST's it will be interesting to hear your experience. I really like Metzeler's tire line.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well decided to put on a pair of Metzeler roadtec Z8 interact, Bike is still in the shop for a couple of other things, any FZ riders out there have any reviews?

I use them & love then , I wax lyrically about them to the point where people get annoyed :D

Im on my first lot of Z8's but used 2 sets of the older Z6's , the Z8's are the same as the Z6's in the way they feel/work but the Z8 has noticably better wet weather performance :cheer:

Im sold on the Metzeler brand , run their cruiser tyres on the wifes bike & have converted a few of my friends to the brand :thumbup:

You wont be disappointed in the choice you have made :rockon:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have Z8's and I can't stop singing their praises.

They are awesome, and are fantastic in the wet.

Very, very happy with them.

:rockon:

GkS

Reaction score
Visit site
I had the ANGEL ST, which as it seems are made from the same compound materials with those of the Metzeler, since Metzeler & Pirelli factory is one and the same, for those of you who don't know it and I was very sattisfied from their performance dry/wet and grip....that until the 15.000km where they began to show some lack of grip, even though Pirelli said that the grip remains the same from start to end.
I had an accident then, because of the loss of grip and decided to change them after that.

I then tried the Bridgestone's BT-023 and they seemed excellent, but very different, they seemed not to be compatible with my riding style. For some reason the front tire came out to be problematic for 3 times in a row!!! awesome! resulting in loss of stability after 130km p.h.

So I decided to change again, thank God there is a guarantee on those and now I have the Metzeler Z8 Interact which they seem to be ok and as I said above, they remind me a lot the Angels, in the cornering and the light weight feeling the give on quick flips.
Many of my friends give me really good feedback on the Z8's, I hope it's true cause I had to pay for them even more than the others.
I travel a lot, many km's, on roads that are, let's just say not good, and under all weather conditions, all year round.

I'd like to hear more from your experience with the Metzeler Z8....

Fizzer600

Reaction score
Visit site
well i fitted a set of these a couple of months ago and absolutely loved them see my thread.....:BLAA:

but this weekend i just swapped the back for the M5 sportec interact. the Z8 gave me 8500 miles of 00+mph on the motorway in all weather since the end of march.

but i felt the feed back was not quite enough at knee down angles, hence ive fitted a metzler m5 rear and that extra belt really helps. (now im having to move my head on corners not to hit sign post :rockon:)

Northern Rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Z8= very nice. The major difference I feel with the Z8 over the BT-21 is push steering. The Z8 almost want to dive into the apex. I found I needed less effort and a quicker turn in. This was fun because I was able to drive the bike deeper into the turn for a better apex and lean angle.