Metric/Imperial setting change

Iconoplasty

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there. I was an idiot this afternoon, and managed to run my battery down. After roll-starting my bike I found that the usual expected things had happened to my dash.. like the clock getting reset.. but also my speedometer, odometer and trip had been set back to miles. I bought the bike used and don't have an owner's manual (been trying to find one online) .. I think I found instructions for setting the clock, but does anyone know how to change the speedometer/trip/odometer units on a 2007 FZ6 back to metric?

oaks

~~~~~
Reaction score
Visit site
Turn the ignition to 'on' then press and hold the select button for at least a second.

It's in the owner's manual. If you need a copy, you may download a pdf version from Boneman's site, under the mods link. Link to Boneman's site is at top-left on the fz6-forum's home page.

Iconoplasty

Reaction score
Visit site
Turn the ignition to 'on' then press and hold the select button for at least a second.

It's in the owner's manual. If you need a copy, you may download a pdf version from Boneman's site, under the mods link. Link to Boneman's site is at top-left on the fz6-forum's home page.

That's even easier than I imagined. Thanks!
And thanks for pointing me to Boneman's site as well.. that'll be helpful.

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
Ah yes, my favorite. The pointless metric/imperial setting change. I remember I was fiddling around with the gauge when I first got the thing. I was riding to work, and was fiddling with it at lights. At one of the lights, I took off after messing with it, and looked down and thought, no way am I going 70mph right now! Then I realized it was set to km/h! Had no idea how to fix it, and had to guess my speed the whole way to work, because of course, I had no idea how to covert km/h to mph. LOL I really wish Yamaha had just made country specific gauges, as it's annoying to switch that while riding. Or they could've put it as an option in the diagnose mode, so that you can't accidentally switch it.