2009 FZ6 Reset button not working

khkoerner321

Reaction score
Visit site
My reset button on my dash has been giving me some issues. I noticed it at first every once in a while it wouldn't want to work. I would press it, i can physically feel the switch press but nothing would happen. It got worse and worse and now it doesn't do anything when I press it at all.

I was going to open the dash up and see if maybe the switch needs to be resoldered. Or if anybody knows where you can buy just the switch. Otherwise I will have to get creative with making a new switch for it.

Just trying to think of anything else to try at this point, as I can't set my clock or reset my trip mileage.

khkoerner321

Reaction score
Visit site
Contact cleaner was successful. Opened everything up, was a bit of corrosion around the actual switch itself. Some good quality contact cleaner and its working for now. Attached a picture in case anybody else was wanting to see what it looked like before taking theirs apart. So lets see how long this lasts or if its actually fixed.

Attachments

• 20200401_160129.jpg
    20200401_160129.jpg
    961 KB · Views: 10

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Excellent!

I should have posted a product I've found / used that's WAY better (and expensive) than regular contact cleaner

MG801b-125g :

Besides cleaning, it also leaves a film on the surface to help protect from further corrosion-
Highly recommended!

It was used on two stereo rotating, volume switches as well as the ignition switch on my Yamaha OB engine. Regular contact cleaner didn't do squat. The MG got both stereo's working correctly(Kenwood stereo is about 40 years old) and saved the ignition switch in the OB, ($150 switch).

Last edited: