Maximum bar risers?

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I am thinking about bar risers, just wondering what is the maximum height you can go without needing to extend cables, brake lines etc?

Thanks
Richard

expatmanxman

Reaction score
Visit site
If it's an FZ6N then not very much, there's hardly any spare cable to play with, in fact I think a pair of Renthals would almost be too much of a stretch.
Don'y know about the FZ with the barn door on the front, maybe they have a bit more cable because the excess can be hidden away more easily.

HPTuner

Reaction score
Visit site
On my '07 FZ6 - I just put on a set of 1" hi x 1.25" back risers... I had to swap the front brake line around from going to the left hand caliper, to the right hand caliper. The risers worked perfect for me - I'm 6'1".

HaChayalBoded

Reaction score
Visit site
On my '07 FZ6 - I just put on a set of 1" hi x 1.25" back risers... I had to swap the front brake line around from going to the left hand caliper, to the right hand caliper. The risers worked perfect for me - I'm 6'1".

I just removed the little metal brake line bracket on the lower triple. It does nothing but keep it neat. That gave me enough slack for the brakes, plenty actually.

It's just a small piece of thin metal, pull it off with a single bolt.