Made me Happy

adavi491

Reaction score
Visit site
This may sound like a ridiculous story but i'm going to tell my story anyways.

Last week i was out riding in the back roads around where i work and i saw a 5-10 year old kid riding a little dirt bike around in his front lawn full gear and all. I went by and rev'ed and waved at him. He got all excited and waved back. I think i made his day!

Just made me happy i made some little kids day. You guys have any cool little stories like that.

CZAR357

Reaction score
Visit site
Was riding along a road in the center of town where there are a lot of pedestrians crossing streets. All the cars were going past the crosswalk, not stopping to let the people cross the street. Must have been in a hurry to get to the red light ahead. Well I stop to let the people cross and it is a mother and her son who I was in the same age group, 5-10. The whole time he was crossing the street he was staring at my dad's vtx1300 and my bike. My dad revved his engine(he has all the aftermarket goodies and my bike is barely hearable over his because mine is completely stock as of now) and I honked my horn. We both waved as well and the look on the kids face was priceless. He had a smile from ear to ear. The little things that make kids happy!

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I went by and rev'ed and waved at him. He got all excited and waved back.

I swear, as I was reading this I thought you were going to say you waived and he waived back...and then wrecked because he took his hand off the handlebars...lol.

Isn't it funny how good it makes you feel when just the sight of your bike makes a little kid's day? We were on a group ride a few weeks ago and had stopped at a turn to let the back of the group catch up. Where we stopped there were these two little kids, probably 3 and 5, and their mom and they were having a grand time looking at the bikes, pointing and waving. Then, once the whole group was together again and it was time to take off, we all revved our engines as we pulled away and the kids started jumping up and down, smiling and clapping. It just made you smile to know you'd just made their day!

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
It's always funny when there's the kids mother with him, they push them away from it quickly! The fathers just sit there and stare too

Blackblood

OMG Wheelies!
Reaction score
www.quayvipersmcc.com
I live by the coast and went out a run one sunday (years ago on my first bike) minding my own business in a carpark a little kid comes up to me and starts chatting away,He was really excited then to make him worse I lifted him onto it and let him start it.Only problem was,being I'd say less than 5yo he was on the beach and covered in sand

Couldn't get him off it until his mum promised him double icecream :eek:

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
I pulled into a parking spot at this grocery store next to a mother and her maybe 4 year old kid. He was like "mommy look at the motorcycle man" - pointing at me jumping up and down.

she told him to say hi and i was like hey hows it goin? do we have a future motorcyclist in the works here?

it was a great feeling, i like to think i inspired him.

RyanK

Reaction score
community.webshots.com
I like it too. Esp. get lots of kid's attention when in a colorful leather suit.

Since i commute thru town daily, there's always kids in back seats staring. I wave at them often, and they usually wave back.

crabby117

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a vanity plate that is obviously female in text, so I get a lot of young girls (and boys) waving to me, and I wave back. That makes me tremendously happy. :cheer:

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
I thought about this thread last night when I passed a kid riding his BMX bicycle on the shoulder of the road in full gear (squids take note - even the kid on the bicycle was wearing a helmet, gloves, boots and jacket). He waved and I waved back. Awesome :D