Made a change

BlueRider461

Reaction score
Visit site
After getting my brand new FZ6 last June and having it all set up the way I wanted and really enjoying the bike, I sold it last week to a friend that wanted to buy it and I picked up an 09 Ducati 848. The bike totally rips but is not as rider friendly for anything over 50 miles.

I miss a lot of things that the FZ does really well and the Ducati does handle amazing and the motor is really strong but there are trade offs involved like rider comfort, easy maintenance, etc..

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
After getting my brand new FZ6 last June and having it all set up the way I wanted and really enjoying the bike, I sold it last week to a friend that wanted to buy it and I picked up an 09 Ducati 848. The bike totally rips but is not as rider friendly for anything over 50 miles.

I miss a lot of things that the FZ does really well and the Ducati does handle amazing and the motor is really strong but there are trade offs involved like rider comfort, easy maintenance, etc..

I have one on my desktop that I drool over all day. :D Its a really beautiful bike. Congrats! If I could afford it and had the space for it, I would get a used fz6 with low miles and mod the crap out of it and keep that in my garage as well. Remember they dont make these anymore :thumbup:

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Always a difficult decision when deciding between an SS bike and it's naked counterpart. I was eyeballing the Triumph Daytona vs Street Triple. Unless you only do shorter ride days or track days, I just can't justify the full SS bike due to the comfort factor, hence bought the Street Triple R.

Having said that, I've always lusted over the looks of the 848, especially in white. Sexy bike bro.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
848 is SO sekzy!! I have to admit though, I prefer staring at one over riding one on the street. I put a few miles on one and I couldn't get wait to get back on my fizzer :D

Provided you don't ride over 50 miles very often, I'm sure you're gonna love it! Enjoy :thumbup:

BlueRider461

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the good words on the bike...it really is insane to look at everday in the garage and on the road is incredible to ride. I did order a new sargent seat which should add some comfort for longer days.

The great thing is that I sold my FZ to a close friend so I can throw a leg over it anytime I want...kind of like having both and just need to choose.

This is a great forum and I will still stay active on it.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the good words on the bike...it really is insane to look at everday in the garage and on the road is incredible to ride. I did order a new sargent seat which should add some comfort for longer days.

The great thing is that I sold my FZ to a close friend so I can throw a leg over it anytime I want...kind of like having both and just need to choose.

This is a great forum and I will still stay active on it.

But do you want your friend throwing their leg over your 848?? j/k gratz on the new bike, it does look awesome!

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
You're right, the fz6 is definitely a more practical choice, and much more comfortable... Wanna trade? num num num