Machine-gun exhaust!!!

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
So i really like some of the exhauts that are out there for the 6 but there is no way m gonna pay $900+ for a exhaust system so i went and picked up 2 12" pieces of 4" ss exhaust pipe a 20" piece of 2 3/4" ss exhaust pipe, a 24" piece of 1 7/8" ss exhaust pipe, 2- 1 7/8" 90* and a 12"x12" ss sheet

Heres my plan-take the 2 4" pieces and drill about 100 3/4" holes in them in a offset pattern to replicate the look of a machine-gun barrel heat shroud, cut a roughly 6" piece of the 2 3/4" pipe to center inside of the "shroud", it will be attached to the shroud with a ring of the ss sheet all welded nice and neat together with roughly 1" to 1 1/2" sticking out past the 4" shroud, it will be attached to the stock exhaust by reducing down from the 2 3/4" to 1 7/8" and thats where the 2 90*s come in both will be cut one to make a y and the other to make the s.

I can picture it in my head but i cant wait until its actually on the bike, i started earlier this evening laying out and drilling the holes on the 4" pipe. Ive made other exhaust systems for cars in the past and have pretty much straight pipes on my bike now but every exhaust ive made was out of sight so i didnt have to worry about nice clean welds and other details, but since the whole point of this is to look good im gong to take my time on this and make it perfect, ill keep yall updated on my progress and once i finish drilling the holes i will post pics of the "shrouds"

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
And this will prolly not make you happy, but you know you can buy drilled sheet, and have it rolled?

Having said that, it woulda been a wee bit more expensive.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
And this will prolly not make you happy, but you know you can buy drilled sheet, and have it rolled?

Having said that, it woulda been a wee bit more expensive.

Ya i know i could have also got muffler inserts that are already rolled but i didnt like the look , the holes were too close together, plus if i were to have bought the sheet of expandd metal i would have had to buy a full 4x8 sheet way more expensive then the $20 4" pipes

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Looks great so far!!!

Sure you don't want dual THESE (this would be sooo bad a$$)

original_stealth.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Fc2xcCTNIU&feature=related]Tailgunner on Warrior - YouTube[/ame]

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
More progress made 2nd shroud complete as well as "inserts" the pic should kinda give you an idea of what it will look like on the bike, now with this stuff done the fun part comes next--- a little pipe fitting, a little fabrication, a lot of cussin, and alot of beer

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Those look great. I'm one of those weirdos who like the stock car muffler, but I like the look of some of the aftermarket ones a lot. That set is gonna be sharp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Those look great. I'm one of those weirdos who like the stock car muffler, but I like the look of some of the aftermarket ones a lot. That set is gonna be sharp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!!! I cant wait until its finished and on the bike i almost have to force myself to stop working on it. I tend to get anxious and get in a hurry and cut corners so im only allowing myself to work on it for about 3 hrs a day lol...but theres nothing amatter with liking the stock setup at all, everyone has there own thing my thing has always been LOUD and this setup will be LOUD enough to wake the dead then kill em again lol, mainly because of the 2 3/4" outlet :D

Fishwiz4

Reaction score
Visit site
That looks awesome. I want to hear it too

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk