M4 exhaust, trade for stock exhaust plus cash

nigelcorn

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently got a 2005 FZ6 with the M4 exhaust put on. The previous owner showed me the website where the stock is from (I can't seem to find it now), and it is a $750 exhaust.

I am not a big fan of loud exhausts, so I am looking to trade for a stock exhaust plus some cash. I am located in Southern Utah, so ideal would be somebody who was close by. I think it would be a fair trade to go the M4 for the stock plus $275 or so. I don't know, what do you all think?

As far as the exhaust goes, it is the titanium one with carbon fiber tips. It sounds good, I just prefer quiet bikes for touring (which I am going to be doing more of soon).

nigelcorn

Reaction score
Visit site
I have had a couple requests asking for pictures. I will post something when I get home tonight.

There is nothing wrong with the exhaust (that I know of).

The only caveat is that the FZ6 is my only transportation, so unless you live within driving distance for the both of us, it would require that you send the stock exhaust, I would switch them, and then send you the m4. I know that doesn't seem fair, but I can't just walk for a couple weeks waiting for the mail to deliver an exhaust.

Anyway, pictures tonight.

nigelcorn

Reaction score
Visit site
Here are a couple pictures I found that I had already put online. I could take larger/more detailed pics tonight.

oh7k07.jpg

2q81xtx.jpg

nigelcorn

Reaction score
Visit site
I have gotten a few PM's. The first to send me a pm has first dibs to see if we can make it work. If not, then I will let you all know.

Man, by the response I have gotten from this within the first day, I think I put the price too low.

07FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a better option....

How about you drive halfway to salt lake and trade me straight across for my 07 red FZ with STOCK exhaust? lol

nigelcorn

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, guys, the person first in line isn't going to be able to do it.

A couple questions I have gotten: I don't know what model years take what exhaust. Somebody has told me that the M4 exhaust will fit from '04-'08. I don't know if that is true, and if it is I assume the same could be said for the stock exhaust.

I had originally seen this working as a "meet in the middle and swap" kind of thing. I know that doesn't work for the majority of you who don't live near me. Because this is my only transportation, I can't send the m4 until I have a stock exhaust on. So, whoever wants to do it would need to be willing to send a stock, and then I will send the m4 as soon as I can.

Also, I think $275 is more than fair for the m4 (and by the number of responses, I really should have asked more). I hadn't originally planned on paying for shipping for something as large and heavy as an exhaust, so if the trade ends up working out with someone where I have to ship the m4, the price of shipping on my end would be in addition to the $275. It still shouldn't be too much, but I think that is fair.

So, who is in?

Discofrank

Reaction score
Visit site
you pay for the shipping of a stock exhaust from AUS to you and shipping of your exhaust to me in aus

deal?

i have 2 stock exhausts so no rush for me

Tremulant

It's not over...
Reaction score
Visit site
So tempting...I wish I had the cash to drop for this AMAZING DEAL. How are you liking your new FZ nigelcorn? (besides the exhaust being too loud :) )

nigelcorn

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the interest everyone, the m4 exhaust is gone. I got the stock on and sent off the m4 yesterday. The stock is MUCH quieter (I was surprised how quiet the bike is) but that is what I wanted.

Thanks again for the interest, and sorry to those that it didn't work out.