M/C with more hp than your 1st car

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
93 cutlass supreme. 3100v6 160hp. 110(limited) top speed )

Loved it so much I found another one. 96 last year for the 2 door. Leather, and even has dual climate. :)

Yeah it fairs well in snow

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Nope, my first car was a hand me down from Mom to sister to me. 1963 Chevy Belair, blue 4 door, 2 speed power glide with a 283, 2 barrel pumping out 195 hp/ 285 lb of torque.
Threw in an player 8 track with the plastic speakers in the back window and beat the **** out of it until I killed the tranny doing one wheel wonder J burnouts. Gas was 29.9 cents a gallon my Jr year in high school.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nope, my first car was a hand me down from Mom to sister to me. 1963 Chevy Belair, blue 4 door, 2 speed power glide with a 283, 2 barrel pumping out 195 hp/ 285 lb of torque.
Threw in an player 8 track with the plastic speakers in the back window and beat the **** out of it until I killed the tranny doing one wheel wonder J burnouts. Gas was 29.9 cents a gallon my Jr year in high school.

2 speed power glide..the drag racers mainstay back in the day. :rockon:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Great threeeeeeeead!!!

nope - but not by much.
1965 Chev Corvair, 164 c.i. air cooled flat six. Rated at 104 hp IIRC. May have a pic somewhere.

Next car 9 year later - 73 Grand Torino Sport! 351 Clevland, 4bbl, 4 bolt main, 4 spd top loader, 3:50 posi... Awwwwwsome Car and good looking too. Had it for 25 years. Sold to Universal Studios for the the Fast and the Furious 4..... its in a thread, Gone but not forgotten or something like that.

PS My dad had a 71 Maverick Grabber 302 V8, 4spd, we built the engine in that too, added big brakes, posi, anti sway bars and lowered it. My fat Clevo would take it off the line! Yes, I raced my dad a time or too. Ffff'''''''ng A those were the good oll days, lighten 2nd gear up as I passed him! lol The Mav was fun car in the corners! Oh the memories of the 600 cfm carb sticking WOT into corner! HAHA!!!

IMG_6334.jpg~original

new_in.jpg~original

PS - same care - I sold them the hood and fenders & bumper to convert it to a 72. They changed the color as red was for something else. Being all original, V8 spd, it was not supposed to get wrecked and the producer was to keep it. It didn't work out that way....
72_ford_grantorino_f34_1_500.jpg~original

Last edited:

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
First car I learned on was my dads 1982 Mercury Capri 5.0 with a 4 speed. The clutch was so heavy I definitely started to get an overdeveloped left leg but it helped with learning to dunk for basketball. I could chirp the tires in the first 3 gears off the line before I turned 17. I think the hp was only rated at like 160 hp but the torque was 240 lb*ft.

However the first car I purchased on my own was a 1996 Jeep Cherokee SE 4 cyl with a 5 spd. It was putting out 125 hp. I bought it because my previous car was stolen and I had got a couple speeding tickets with that car (1994 Maxima 5sp SE). So technically my Fz1 puts out more hp that my first car.

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
my truck has 225 hp and way more torque (thats the car i drove first)

the first car that was mine was my grandfather's Grand Marquis. but he was a cheeky old fella and had the interceptor package for a good 280ish hp. it was really fun to blow the doors off of posers in their little VWs and such as a member of the yacht club.

my current car is a 92 volvo wagon with around 113 hp at the rear wheels. but it weighs more than that yacht i used to have.

so the answer s a definite NO, but if i had a 600 SS bike it would have more than the current cage.

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
yes definately. My first car was a renault clio from the first batch of 1990. it had an 1108cc ohv engine which barely made 50 bhp. the car was heavy for the engine and i was always flat out. from 0 to 100 you could have a nap, wake up and still would not have nudged the 100kmh (yes km). it had a cushy ride and i liked it. my current car has a bit more bhp than the fz6 but not by much.

er i meant no...

Last edited:

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My first was a '78 Mercury Marquis w/ 351M. 152hp/262tq

Car was so damn heavy, it was still no contest though. The pic isn't mine, but it looked the exact same.

grandmarq.jpg

Stephen ingham

Reaction score
Visit site
Just thought i would chuck my poor effort into the pot....

My first car was a dark blue vauxhall viva 1300cc 4 door, similar to the pic.
As a first car i hammered it into the ground, replacing the engine a couple of times..

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I mentioned my dad advertised Honda earlier, well I found a copy of the press ad and the honda flyer that I"modelled"for back in '71 when I was about ten or eleven.
I'll post it up in the morning, as well as a shot of me on the bonnet of the Hillman and the only colour shot of MY panel van

the modelling shot should make a few of you chuckle- I look like such a little dag!

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes and no.... (Approx 1976, graduating HS)...

1968, Chevy Chevelle 2 dr, dark maroon.

It originally had an inline 6 (with a burnt valve), powerslide 2 speed auto.

It didn't last long. Pulled it and put in either a 327 or 350 Chevy V8 (double bump fuelly heads, larger front balancer) with a 4 barrel Quadrajet and a 4 speed manual.

Not two weeks after re-painting it, some SOB's stole it from in front of the house on Long Island NY... Maroon with black interior, replaced the bench seat with black GM buckets too!! It'd run low 15's, nothing like a big block but it was a first car...

Replacement car, was blown up 1974 Chevy Vega which I put a 1966, 283, 200HP V8 with a powerslide trans... My sleeper. That car would haul a$$, especially when you opened up the headers! 50 MPH in first gear. The brakes couldn't hold it still if you nailed the throttle and brakes at the same time. It helped that I was working in a custom auto machine shop (not engines-roll bars, narrowed rear ends, custom axles, etc) so I got the kit for cost, the boss shortened the drive shaft for me, I heated and bent down the steering box arm to clear the oil pan, etc... That's all I could afford at the time after getting my Chevelle stolen..

One day, I'll pick up a 70 Chevelle SS with a big block, red or silver, black interior, with stripes down the hood and trunk!!:thumbup:

Last edited:

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
Nope and Nope

First vehicle I drove to and from school/work (parent provided) was a Chevy Lumina APV. Yeah, I know. That was 170-180 hp depending on year.

My first car that I purchased is a 2000 Grand Prix GT with 200 hp.

Even though the FZ6 is less horse power, it's infinitely more fun than either of my firsts, especially the APV!

AlisAquilae

Reaction score
Visit site
Nope - my first vehicle is a 2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4x4 with a 6-speed manual. With a couple mods, the 4.0 V6 produces about 300 hp and 300 lb-ft. The FZ6 is still far more rewarding on the street but there it is no competition to the truck in the mud or on trails.

Love 'em both!

-B

2nd childhood

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am in love. I drove a worked 74 Camaro while me and a pal built the 69 Chevelle Ss396. We put $2k (1975 dollars ) into the motor. Body was a rat but it ran like a rocket. My pal's dad was a po so he always carried what he called 'badge americard". Saved our bacon more than once!

Ain't nothin' like the sound of a big block thumping.

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
1983 Buick Regal! 3.8L 110 hp V6

I guess these are popular now with people putting 26" rims on them.

16038293-770-0.jpg

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
Great threeeeeeeead!!!

nope - but not by much.
1965 Chev Corvair, 164 c.i. air cooled flat six. Rated at 104 hp IIRC. May have a pic somewhere.

Next car 9 year later - 73 Grand Torino Sport! 351 Clevland, 4bbl, 4 bolt main, 4 spd top loader, 3:50 posi... Awwwwwsome Car and good looking too. Had it for 25 years. Sold to Universal Studios for the the Fast and the Furious 4..... its in a thread, Gone but not forgotten or something like that.

PS My dad had a 71 Maverick Grabber 302 V8, 4spd, we built the engine in that too, added big brakes, posi, anti sway bars and lowered it. My fat Clevo would take it off the line! Yes, I raced my dad a time or too. Ffff'''''''ng A those were the good oll days, lighten 2nd gear up as I passed him! lol The Mav was fun car in the corners! Oh the memories of the 600 cfm carb sticking WOT into corner! HAHA!!!

IMG_6334.jpg~original

new_in.jpg~original

PS - same care - I sold them the hood and fenders & bumper to convert it to a 72. They changed the color as red was for something else. Being all original, V8 spd, it was not supposed to get wrecked and the producer was to keep it. It didn't work out that way....
72_ford_grantorino_f34_1_500.jpg~original

I think I found your car. They destroyed 8 out of 9 of them. :( B*stards!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_khWWtgxAQ]Fast & Furious 4: Ford Gran Torino - YouTube[/ame]

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
My first car was a freebie 1993 Mercury Sable Wagon

images

Rated at 140 HP, it did have some power on my FZ6, but maybe one day I'll have a bike with more than 140 HP.

(That being said, when I had the Sable it ran so bad that it probably wasn't making anywhere near 140 HP.)

I then moved onto a 1995 Civic EX making 125 HP, a 2006 Chevy Cobalt making 145 HP, and my current 2012 Ford Focus making 160 HP.

So I'v never owned a car with less power than my bike, but all of my cars have been so low on power my next bike just might make power than all of them.

Last edited: