Luggage

canfazer

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone, I have a 2004 FZ6 and I really love the look of this bike. I am looking for good and practical luggage set as I will take many trips this coming summer. I like the Givi Kit but not to crazy about the mounting bracket set up and they are also very expensive. I have been looking every where for something that will work great, I was wondering if any one has any ideas and pictures to share?? Thanks to all and ride SAFE!!

Soft or hard bags? Not that have either but have seen bikes on with this forum with both. Tourmaster makes decent soft bags.

I really like my Cortech Sport Tail bag, got one after reading positive comments posted here (do a searchie). I plan on getting the side bags in the future. Very verstaile, I like the fact that I can take it off and carry it like a briefcase after I arrive at work. Holds a lot, looks like it was made for our bikes, and is holding up just fine. The only downside may be you might need more capacity depending on how long you are planning to travel. The bag does hold quite a bit though and can be enlarged via zippers.

Good luck-Pete

The fieldsheer bags look really good. I got all the GIVI stuff, both the topmount and then the side bags. It was expensive and if I had to do it over again I would have just gotten the GIVI topmount and done the side bags soft.

The GIVI stuff is great but the side bags are too many $$$ for what you get.

I have the Cortech sport soft bags and use a modified duffle as a top bag. I've gone on many long trips, KY to VA, IN, NY. I've had to pack for a trip as long as two months and never had a problem fitting everything I've needed. I've had my side bags for almost 2 years now and they are starting to fade, but the zippers still work.

I have an 04 also...started looking at saddlebags am slightly overwhelmed...Gears, Saddlemen Sport Panniers, Cortech, Harper Stealth, Nelson Rigg, Oxford, Fieldsheer, Tourmaster, Givi, all have sites to Google and learn. I just found a really neat looking set-up, the Dowco Fastrax...color coded to match your bike. Anyone seen these?

If you're interested in soft luggage RKA bags fit like they are made for the bike. I have a set on my 07 fz6 and I could not be happier. I tried cor-tech and the straps that go over the seat got in the way of the pass. grab handles. And these on mine actually are perfectly able to go UNDER the seat! Too cool. Very recently RKA is now making a larger version which I will probably buy when I sell my 01 Triumph sprint ST

Back