LSL Frame Sliders

ju311

Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought my brand new 09 fz6 last month and I'm looking into frame sliders as my first purchase.... just in case. I have some concerns because of the aluminum frame and because I've seen posts here where the sliders caused the frame to break in a crash.

I am looking for some advice/info about the different kinds/brands of sliders and any recommendations or feedback from personal experience. I have been considering the LSL frame sliders - anyone know anything about these??

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:

mrtrees

Just a Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well personally I think they're better to have on than not. They've saved me many many dollars of repairs twice already and the cost of them is next to nothing to replace.

Some people may say that it causes the frame to crack but I guess if you're in a violent enough crash to crack your frame you're gonna have a lot more to worry about than damage to your bike.

Takes a lot of energy to crack a frame.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I dropped my bike at a stop sign, when I was a very green newbie. I had Yamaha sliders - GYTR - absolutely no damage to the bike (apart from a scratched bar end). If I didn't have them, I would have had a damaged engine casing.

If you are in a high speed crash, your bike is going to be damaged, but as you read through the forum, a lot of things happen like your bike getting pushed over, slow turn crash etc. This is when they will help. :D

ju311

Reaction score
Visit site
I agree. I've pretty much decided that I am going to get sliders in case of low speed crashes or parking lot mishaps. I'm hoping to find out if anyone knows which ones are less likely to cause problems with the frame. Also, I like the idea of the LSL's I mentioned before, but they don't look like they stick out as far as some other brands.

Last edited:

Jim Karam

Trying to Keep Up
Reaction score
www.karam.com
I have been considering the LSL frame sliders - anyone know anything about these??

Thanks for your help.

I've had the LSL's since I bought my 2004. I think they look better than most and unfortunately I know that they work, due to a zero-speed drop when my sidestand got caught up in my pants cuff and failed to deploy properly.

ShadowChillaGin

Reaction score
Visit site
I have some Ebay ones that worked good for me.. It bent a little when I slow downed mine(prolly 10-15mph from a Greenhorn mistake while turning) but Just the bolt is bent a little.....they are 4" sliders and work nice for leg rests while cruising :)
speaking of which..I should probably get a new bolt for that...(procrastination) lol

Pauly_V

Reaction score
Visit site
I have LSLs on my FZ. They're alright, but need to be longer so I can rest my feets on those stretchy roads. The impact technology in the LSLs is also a cool feature. I just wish mine weren't blue.

ju311

Reaction score
Visit site
As much as it pains me to make this post, I got to test out the sliders 2 days after I installed them. Although it wasn't really a low side crash, you can see that they did save a good portion of the bike from damage on the left where it landed. The bike was totalled anyhow because I rode head first into a barbed wire fence. Link to the thread below:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/what-i-learned-today/33211-barbed-wire-always-wear-your-gear.html

In case anyone wants to know where I bought them, I got them off MotoMummy.com They were about $100 and once I get to see my bike again I will sell them if they are in good shape. I have to inspect them to make sure they were not damaged before I'll give them to anyone else tho. The crash was in grass, so they should still be in good shape. My dad removed them from the bike and didn't see anything wrong with them, but I'll have them inspected first.