Lost Keys

cmantis

Reaction score
Visit site
So my house was robbed and one of the items taken was my end table with my bike keys in it. I have my FZ6 keys but I am missing a key to a Honda xr50 and more importantly an 87 Yamaha YSR50 which has a key for ignition and gas tank. I figure that the ignitions can just be changed but what do I do about the gas tank?

Hobbesca

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was able to get a key cut for one of my older bikes by giving them the serial number. Check with a Yamaha dealer, it can take a while though. Failing that your local locksmith or criminal element while be able to pick the lock on the tank to open it up.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Blah.. that sucks, Dave :(

I know for a fact that a locksmith can make a new key for ignition. Friend of mine lost his key to a Ninja 600. Locksmith didn't need a serial number or anything.. he just needed about 30 minutes with the bike.

It wasn't cheap though :(

Gas tank would probably be cheaper to pick and then replace the cap.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you had house keys lost, I hope you've changed out your locks.

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm sickened to hear that yet another member has been robbed! I hope they catch the little wankers and you can recover some things :(

abszero7

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm sickened to hear that yet another member has been robbed! I hope they catch the little wankers and you can recover some things :(

Not to hijack the thread or anything but just to make you feel more sick :Flash:, my Ninja 250r was stolen about a month ago right out of my parking space ;O.