Losing myself in this forum

dewittt

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been mostly lurking and using advice to upgrade my now "1 year old" 05 FZ6. The danger comes in how easy it is to read for hours. I could spend all day dreaming about the mods to my bike while looking at threads :spank:

Anybody else have this problem?

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been mostly lurking and using advice to upgrade my now "1 year old" 05 FZ6. The danger comes in how easy it is to read for hours. I could spend all day dreaming about the mods to my bike while looking at threads :spank:

Welcome to the meeting - you can find your nametag on the table over there. :BLAA:

Yeah, mods are just contagious. For me it all started with luggage and head bearing replacement. Then onto HID, seat upgrade, horn upgrade, and on and on . I do think though, half of the joy (ok, fine, not half, but at least 1/4) is tweaking it.

Cheers,

TS
::back to looking up R6 forks upgrade::

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
I know how you feel...

Started with just a simple handlebar change... then exhaust upgrade, then brake/clutch levers, then OSO2k rearset setback plates
Now rim tape, sprocket and chain replacement..
and I want to... go naked with HID's, r6 rearsets, r6r forks, r1 shock, possible seat upgrade, flushmount turn signals, new mirrors, rim tape, integrated brake light... oi.

But this forum is just so darned good. :)

Rebuilt

EX Fazer still love em !
Reaction score
Visit site
i have to admit im here most days n i havnt even got my fazer any more .. but still learn a lot :thumbup:

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

The forum is my face book,
I haven't really been bitten by the mod bug apart from a few practical changes. Modding is one sure way to learn about your bike.

Good luck
Neil

DavesFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I installed Tapatalk on my phone and now I check this every hour. There's no other forum I've found that has as much activity to peek in on. Even if I got rid of my fz I think I'd stick around!

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
I visit this and the Ninjette.org forum many times a day. Like Nelly said, this is my Facebook. It is very tempting to spend a ton of money modding my bike, but I try very hard to think of the other things my money is better spent on.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been here since '07, and at 15 I think I've modded my fizzer as much as I'll ever want.
Two weeks ago I adopted a BMW R1200 GS, visited that forum, and I'm trapped in the same "mod spiral" that you are.
Have Fun! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Nup! dont know what you're talking about:D

hmmm once I found the site I went form tank protector to rim tape to radiator guard to heavy bar ends to joining the riding game and BOTM and Elite membership and, and, and, and.... ah, its all below and now its always on the pc at work, the phone........what a place to get yourself lost:rockon:

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
I know exactly what you mean.

Just came in after 5+ hours of solid re-assembly in a 34* night with a headlamp strapped to my head.

My levers, grips and signals arrived today, so it seemed as good a night as any to start putting the forks, new bars, everything on the bars and signals on the bike. If my garage wasn't so cramped and dark I would have been done 2 hours ago.

If my HID kit gets here tomorrow it may be a late night after I get back from the Cavs game.

Doesn't look that impressive from this angle in the bad light, but the 2wheels levers and grips look great.

Neal

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site

Good man, your mind is in the right place.

What did you think you were suppose to be doing? Spend your day think about Kim Kardashian incoming baby and how is she going to lose the weight afterwards? What baby clothes is she going to buy? .. LOL.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Have no idea what you mean :confused: :BLAA: :BLAA:

Glad you enjoy our little piece of the interweb ;) , many of us have moved on from the fizzer but our hearts still have a special spot for the little lady :D

Ride lots & post often :thumbup:

Ohendo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If my HID kit gets here tomorrow it may be a late night after I get back from the Cavs game.

Cleveland still has an NBA team? Who knew. (jk)

I'm pretty much finished with modding, but I still get lost in this forum as well. Love looking at what everyone has done to their bikes, where they've traveled, and what problems have come up. A good two hours of my day are spent on here!