Lorenzo to sit out German GP this weekend

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Jorge has had another crash during free practice today where he fell hard once again on his shoulder, damaging the titanium plate on his collarbone.

“I have decided to go home and recover after today's crash at the Sachsenring,” Lorenzo is quoted as saying in a team press release. “I prefer to focus on surgery to fix the plate that was unfortunately bent during the crash. I will try to recover and be back as soon as possible.”

motogp.com - Lorenzo out of action after Friday crash

Video of crash (free):

motogp.com - Sachsenring 2013 - MotoGP - FP2 - Action - Jorge Lorenzo - crash

Dovi also had a hard crash, lost the front on the Ducati:

http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2013/Sachsenring+2013+MotoGP+FP1+Action+Andrea+Dovizioso

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh and Dovi video is awesome!! Take a look at front wheel and his right wrist. As soon as the tire lets go, he chops the throttle (remember this is super-slow motion, so I bet at normal speed it's a pretty aggressive roll-off).
Would the tire have re-gripped if he had rolled off just a little? Probably not.

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
In the non-free video of the crash, they have the complete crash with him barrel rolling down the gravel, for what seems to be an eternity!

So he was using the new chassis that was exclusive to the Ducati "lab bike" up to this point. That was the only one they had for him to use. So back to the old chassis. Lasted only but a few minutes. :(

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
~~Pre-owned Ducati Desmo for sale~~
Only used by grandma getting to the church on Sundays and excellent condition save some cosmetics.

BO9c4c8CEAEWD8X.jpg:large

(Iannone's bike)

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Pedrosa may be out too, he crashed in FP3 and has a hairline fracture of his collarbone but they are more concerned about the whack he took to the head.

I saw the video of JL's crash on my iPad app and it looked nasty.

Qualifying was interesting, I won't spoil anything.