"Loose" front end?

nick0331

Reaction score
Visit site
I went for a ride this evening and noticed the front end seemed a little touchy. Hard to explain but acted like it took a lot less effort to manipulate and it was very loose especially at low speed. My front springs are stock and did put the front end up in the air (not really meaning too) last week (also powerbraked it). I was a little exhausted when I rode this evening but never had anything like this happen before in the 3,000 miles I have put on my '08. I even stoped at a gas station and checked the tire pressure and it was fine. I did adjust my rear sus to 7 a few weeks ago and noticed a very good change. When I stopped I changed it back to 5 but still was doing the same thing. It was not wobbling but it felt like it was too easy to lean and turn. If I am not making any sense I apoligize for wasting your time (already put back several cold ones). I ride my FZ like I stoled it. From the reviews on the bike it should be able to handle the high rpms and shifts? Any suggestions would be much appreciated and after tonight have considerd purchasing racetech fork springs. Might have just been me but it felt at the time like something was wrong.

DaFiz

Reaction score
Visit site
I got "bumped" off at a four-way stop street a year ago or more, and the bike went into workshop for repair. They diagnosed cosmetic damage only and the insurance replaced the fairing, windscreen, indicators and mirrors etc. After getting the bike back I was concerned about the wobble but no-one was listening to me. The insurance company turned a deaf ear and the insurance assessor adjusted the handlebars further forward to put my weight on the front wheel. Nothing worked and the workshop 'experts' had no answer for me.
At my own expense I replaced the front wheel bearing and after that made no difference I fitted a new front tyre, and when that too made no difference I sent the bike to a reputable workshop to have the steering headstock bearing replaced and even then I had to return and have them tighten the nut.
The crux of the biscuit here is thus... you ride the bike and know how she handles better than any workshop expert... trust your instincts and have everything checked and re-checked before you take an experts advice and wait for a tank-slapper...:rockon: