Loose cable at battery cover

azbiza

Reaction score
Visit site
Hy all.
I have removed my battery to charge it, and when i have installed back,
i have noticed that there is a black cable that i have no memory of, and it is loose.

Now i have no idea where it was and what it is for.
It is near that thin red wire that goes into the red fuse and than connect directly to the battery + side.

It has that little round thing on its end like it has to go on the battery - side but im not sure :confused:

Can anyone help me with it ?
Marked with black arrow on attached img.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
In many cases there is an ancillary device added to the battery connection. It may be a power socket, battery tender or other connection that has been added. It is very important that you do not reattach until you know what it went to and what poarlity +/- it is intended for.

Do you have a tender or power plug on the bike?

azbiza

Reaction score
Visit site
In many cases there is an ancillary device added to the battery connection. It may be a power socket, battery tender or other connection that has been added. It is very important that you do not reattach until you know what it went to and what poarlity +/- it is intended for.

Do you have a tender or power plug on the bike?

According to my knowledge there are none.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
According to my knowledge there are none.

At this point I would wrap it with some electrical tape so as not to contact anything. Start the bike and check all your lights and instrument panel functions. If all is operational that wire may be to something that was installed on the bike that is no longer used.

azbiza

Reaction score
Visit site
At this point I would wrap it with some electrical tape so as not to contact anything. Start the bike and check all your lights and instrument panel functions. If all is operational that wire may be to something that was installed on the bike that is no longer used.

I did that, and everything seems to work fine, but still it bothers me.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Its color is black. And it goes alongside with a thin red, into the void...

Can you see where the thin red wire goes? Your wire (unattached) is probably a ground ( if Black) but that would be an assumption at this point and I would find it's function before reattaching to any circuit.

Last edited:

azbiza

Reaction score
Visit site
Today i have disassembled part of the bike i was sure i can put back together but still have no clue what it could be.

After measuring it, 1 thing is for sure, it is +, opposing to what i thought.
Still, after checking everything seems to work fine..., going to bring it to a professional

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Today i have disassembled part of the bike i was sure i can put back together but still have no clue what it could be.

After measuring it, 1 thing is for sure, it is +, opposing to what i thought.
Still, after checking everything seems to work fine..., going to bring it to a professional

Are you saying the wire has positive voltage even though it is not attached?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, connecting the wire with the frame, in between the measuring device.

If the red wire is connected to the positive battery terminal and it goes into the harness with the black wire, the black wire is probably the ground return and is supposed to be connected to the negative battery terminal. The reason you see a positive voltage reference to the frame or negative battery terminal is because whatever the red wire goes to is active and you're seeing the return voltage. Still, to be safe, I would identify for sure what that wire goes to before guessing and not knowing for sure. Good hunting! :)

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Disconnect the battery first, then can you gently tug on the wire and follow it.

Its definitly aftermarket..

Someone put it on (IE, you can remove it), track it down and if your not using it, yank it..

azbiza

Reaction score
Visit site
So, I finally had the time to investigate further this issue of my.

I have found the cables end, and yes, it is aftermarket. There is a HPS 447/A alarm in the bike, and the black wire goes to its lifting sensor.
(module called HPA 61 - it is strange because the alarm activated without this black wire being connected)

Anyone has suck an alarm in their bike ? I have located a second black wire that seems to be snapped of from somewhere in the area of the alarm (under the seat),
and the lifting sensor has a 4 pin connector, and 1 connector is has nothing plugged in (i assume this wire should go there but want to be sure - don't want to short anything)

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I had a "Scorpion" alarm on both my old FJR and Goldwing.

On that system, there was a wire that went no-where, it was the antenna to transmit to the remote.

This particular unit, I used the plug and play option. The "tilt" or movement alarm (as I re-call) was part of the main unit (its been 10 years).

It was wired to a hot and ground (battery source). The plug and play, into the lights to flash them (not the headlights-4 ways only) and had a built in audible alarm, (very loud for a little guy).

This is the MUCH newer version of what I had;
Secure | Scorpio

I'm not sure by what you refer to as a "lifting sensor", probably a motion/movement detector.

Are you hooking it back up or removing it?

azbiza

Reaction score
Visit site
I had a "Scorpion" alarm on both my old FJR and Goldwing.

On that system, there was a wire that went no-where, it was the antenna to transmit to the remote.

This particular unit, I used the plug and play option. The "tilt" or movement alarm (as I re-call) was part of the main unit (its been 10 years).

It was wired to a hot and ground (battery source). The plug and play, into the lights to flash them (not the headlights-4 ways only) and had a built in audible alarm, (very loud for a little guy).

This is the MUCH newer version of what I had;
Secure | Scorpio

I'm not sure by what you refer to as a "lifting sensor", probably a motion/movement detector.

Are you hooking it back up or removing it?

Yes, by "lifting sensor", i mean motion/movement detector.
At first i thought as well that it is the antenna, but according to an Italian schematic, it is not :|
I am not removing it, nor do i intend to, this all started with me detecting a foreign cable at my battery :))

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If your alarm is the 900i it may have a sensor that detects people walking near the bike. This is a small square module with a wire that attaches to the main alarm unit. Tilt and shock detection is in the main alarm unit. That sensor is for perimeter detection and can be turned on or off from the remote fob.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

azbiza

Reaction score
Visit site
If your alarm is the 900i it may have a sensor that detects people walking near the bike. This is a small square module with a wire that attaches to the main alarm unit. Tilt and shock detection is in the main alarm unit. That sensor is for perimeter detection and can be turned on or off from the remote fob.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

IMAG0383.jpg

Attached the pic in which the wire goes. i have no idea what it is.
(found on a greek site this (after google translate:) Ability electronic displacement sensor connectors PATROL LINE HPA-61)