Looking to move to Australia

MotoMom

Reaction score
Visit site
OK, we'll definitely have to organise a ride this summer for FZ6 owners in Montreal before you leave :D.
Congratulations on your decision (have you made a final decision yet ?). I strongly believe that seeing other places, living in other provinces/countries, is the best education someone can get.

Congrats, and maybe we'll see you soon for a ride... :rockon:

Dunno

Reaction score
Visit site
Mate you will love it.

I suppose where to live is the big question but its like anywhere else in the world. The bigger the job market, the higher the cost of living. I cant really help you on the job side of things but all info will help im guessing.

Sydney being the biggest city will have the biggest opportunity for work but will be the most expensive to live. Rental & house prices are a bit crazy but things are starting to setlle down.

Melbourne is the 2nd biggest city & same goes. Jobs aplenty but again higher living expenses.

Brisbane is next & im pretty sure there a a few members on here who could tell you more & you have a good source of info on South Australia here.

Your other option is Perth , Western Australia. The most isolated capital city in the world. Really nice place & the economy is booming. Housing is a bit cheaper & there is loads of work available, however I dont know about your line of work over there.

I live in a semi regional area about 2 hours Nth of Sydney. Newcastle is a nice place on the beach & nowhere near as big as the other cities. I think its about the same size as Adelaide but I cant really say because ive never been there.

Probably do a search on the net for employment opportunities & narrow it down to a few cities. At the moment you are looking at a very large area.

If you need anything else just ask or PM.

Hope this helps you in your decision :thumbup:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I never gave it much thought... regarding just how BIG the Land Down Under really is... So I went to Google Maps and got directions from Perth to Brisbane. 2 days, 4 hrs for a cross country drive. Much like driving across the US!

Can you give some links to rental ads for us, say in Perth and Brisbane? Thanks guys!

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The sites I just posted have a lot of links :thumbup:

When one looks at apartments or houses for rent, the prices *must* be weekly rental and not monthly, correct? I just saw a BEAUTIFUL home in the Eastern Suburbs of Perth for $430.00 which, if is a weekly cost, puts it right on par with rentals here in NH for a house. A reasonable house here is about $1500 to $2000 a month. Apartments are $500 to $2000 a month depending on the location, size and views.

Now land costs are rather expensive! Whew!!!

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
At least in the greater Perth area, the costs don't seem to be any different than where I live now. The real question is what level of salary can a Server/SAN Storage Engineer expect as well as an Accountant with a BA and MBA.... I'll have to seek for those figures! :D

Thanks for the links as they were MOST helpful for me!

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No worries mate,I used to work in Perth.
Was there on and off for 4 years.There is BIG money to be had over there and it is a great place to live as well,just remember,once your there,it's a bloody long way to anywhere else ,lol

schumy

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the link Ozfazer6!!! I'd be intersted to know how each region of brisbane fares in comparison with the others in terms of transportation, services, shopping, as well as quality of living (cleanliness, noise level, neighbours :D)