Looking to fix or replace a lower tripple tree for my buddies 06 FZ6..

Jedz123

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys
first post here, Kinda rummaging around but couldn't really find the answer for what I was looking for, maybe you guys can help
My buddy has a damaged lower triple tree, essentially the threads seems to have been rounded off the thing and the main nut won't turn on at all, Now I'm a big Suzuki guy and have worked on all my triple tress on all my bikes, when he asked for help I said I'd be happy to help him out, well looking at the bike now I'm a bit puzzled on how to correct the issue.
The only options I can see are
  1. Figure a way to re-thread the top of his lower tipple tree
  2. Buy a new lower to fit his bike(very hard to find)
  3. Find a tree from another bike that would fit(if any of course)
I learned his forks are 43mm and I have found the 01 FZ1 had a 43mm fork tubes as well, curious though would it fit on his FZ6? also open to any suggestions if possible to repair his messed up threads.
Any help would be appreciated, love this bike and I want to help him get it back on the road ASAP!'
Thanks for entertaining a Noob in this field!

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Because a die to correct the threads would be expensive and rare I'd imagine that option is out. A metric thread file is a next best choice to dress the threads once the damaged area is cleaned up. And by cleaned up I mean, lets say he beat it with a hammer and mushroomed the top. Use a file to square off the mushroom and dress the threads so they match the good threads below them.

Or a bit harsh but I don't see it changing anything is to simply grind off the damaged area 1mm (????) and dress the threads. All are best done with the triple off and use a nut that is not damaged to test it with.

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a lower triple from an 07' that is looking for a new home. Please feel free to message me if you are interested.

Thank you!

Jedz123

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks a million for the input guys! Not sure what the hell happened to the threads but they are messed up... with my buddy anything is possible. I'll look to replace the lower and foot a bill to my buddy. The FZ is in my garage at the moment for he comes to my place to work on his vehicles... But I need it out so I can work on my bike!
Skooter I shot you a PM! thank you so much for the help!
You guys rock!
-J

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
A metric thread file is a next best choice to dress the threads once the damaged area is cleaned up. And by cleaned up I mean, lets say he beat it with a hammer and mushroomed the top. Use a file to square off the mushroom and dress the threads so they match the good threads below them.

Or a bit harsh but I don't see it changing anything is to simply grind off the damaged area 1mm (????) and dress the threads. All are best done with the triple off and use a nut that is not damaged to test it with.

Cheap and good to have around just in case something happens to bolt. Or if you end up cutting a bolt off to fit to length, clean the burrs off with these. Each has 8 different pitches so it should cover most needs.

GEO_177_8.jpg

View attachment 43231