Looking for some advice

Superchimp

Reaction score
www.niemal.pl
Hey guys,

I'm a new person in here but I'd like to ask you for some advice. I'm looking for a new jacket, pants and boots as I've got myself a brand new FZ6 silver just a week ago. My previous 2 piece textile suit is a bit worn up, and it was really a budget buy back then when I bought my first bike.

2008-FZ6-Fazer-S2-ABS-colour-silver_prv_tcm30-207487.jpg

I have black glossy Airoh helmet and black Modeka Gloves. I consider adding Modeka Aero Dynamic jacket and Modeka Shield Pro pants to them:

Motocykle - kurtki, spodnie, r?kawice, ubiory, akcesoria motocyklowe, odzie? motocyklowa, Modeka Polska

and

Motocykle - kurtki, spodnie, r?kawice, ubiory, akcesoria motocyklowe, odzie? motocyklowa, Modeka Polska

Additionaly I think about those boots:

I'd like to know what you think about it?
Will it suit each other?

I use my bike for commuting and weekend trips with my friends.
I considered buying two piece leather suit - it looks more aggressive and sporty - but I dont think it provides enough ventilation (or maybe I'm wrong?). If I opt for it it'd be:

http://accessories.yamaha-motor-europe.com/files/images/EU/A070K150xx0A_HR.jpg

Thanks for any advice.
M.

Ps. Sorry for my lame English :)

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Superchimp and :welcome:

Your English is fine, better than my Polsh.

The gear you have chosen looks fine and it also looks like it will do the job which is even more important.

I am not sure about the boots and laces though. If you come off and damage your ankles they have to get thoses boots off you somehow.

My boots wide velcro all the way down the outside which are think is the better fastening method in case of accidents.

Steve

Numpty

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: Superchimp enjoy the forum

The gear looks up to the job to me but on the boots I tend to agree with Steve regarding the laces. Velcro is so much easer and quicker when the boot needs be removed. :thumbup:

Gaz

Superchimp

Reaction score
www.niemal.pl
Thanks guys!

I opt for those boots because they still look like casual (and comfy) boots when you get off your bike in the city. I mean I don't like a Power Ranger look so thats why I'm considering them.

Mike

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: Superchimp!

I agree with the boot comment above. And - they don't look very waterproof - I would want something that offered a dry foot. The other gear looks good.

And - your English is very good!

Superchimp

Reaction score
www.niemal.pl
Thanks, I do my best to keep my grammar correct ;)

I think I'll choose two type of the boots, ones for the city, lighter and more comfortable, and the other ones offering better protection and water resistance.

When it comes to the jacket, it has protectors on the elbows and arms, do you think it's enough? I wonder if it has removable inside material so you can wash it. My experience with that kind of jackets is that they get pretty stinky quite fast.

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
When it comes to the jacket, it has protectors on the elbows and arms, do you think it's enough? I wonder if it has removable inside material so you can wash it. My experience with that kind of jackets is that they get pretty stinky quite fast.

Being a new rider, I want more protection from my coat than just elbows/arms. My two coats also have shoulder, back and kidney protection which makes me feel a little more protected. It is all really up to you though and what you feel comfortable with.

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey superchimp, welcome.

I'd chime in regarding the boots only to suggest that it would really suck to get a lace caught on something -- such as a footpeg -- and get taken down by it. I've heard of it happening. I've had scares from times I've been working on my bike in lace up shoes and having a lace snag but not quite get caught. It's pretty un-nerving.

And as far as jackets go, I also like to have a bit of back protection. But then again, it may have to do with me getting older and stuff taking longer to heal...

But seriously, a back bad or spine protector is one of those things where you only need it once to have it pay for itself. Me, I like being able to walk. ;)

Really glad that you're considering getting good gear. I wish you the best with your decisions.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Boot laces on a bike are a bad idea. They can get caught on your pegs, shifter or even end up in the chain. Yeow!
I do have a summer pair that has laces but also has a velcro flap that goes oner the laces to cover and lock them into place, works well. Get the best gear you can afford!

Superchimp

Reaction score
www.niemal.pl
Thanks guys, I do really appreciate your advice.

Modeka german gear is moderately cheap but is known for its good quality so I think it's not a bad choice eventually. I'll invest in spine protection then and stick with elbows, arms and knees protection used in Modeka pants & jacket.

I'll think about another solution for my feet :)

Superchimp

Reaction score
www.niemal.pl
Well guys I did my shopping. Eventually I went for:

Alpinestars Rhoma Drystar Jacket Red

Alpinestars ST-5 Drystar Pants

and SMX-5 Boots (boy, they are comfy!).

What do you think?

Superchimp

Reaction score
www.niemal.pl
Yes they are.

Here you've got a nice review:

[nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Da2UkMOKogY[/nomedia]

On the tube there are also similiar reviews for the jacket.