looking for mirror options

supernaked0730

Reaction score
Visit site
hey everybody, just created an account and this will be my first post. I live in winnipeg manitoba and i have had a really hard time finding a set of fairing mounted mirrors (i hate how the stock ones look) for my 2008 fz6 that will ship to winnipeg. Does anyone know of a supplier that will ship to me with a few options?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to our great forum! :rockon:

Don't know about where to find different fairng mounted mirrors but I believe someone at some time found mirrors with directional signals that turned out to be of poor quality. Maybe get rid of them altogether and get bar end mirrors?

supernaked0730

Reaction score
Visit site
i have considered getting either bar mounted mirrors or bar ends but the main thing holding me back is what to do with the holes left behind in the fairing after removing the stock mirrors

supernaked0730

Reaction score
Visit site
i suppose the holes left afterwards arent to repulsive but i would feel a lot better about bar ends if someone made a cap or something to tidy up the fairing (i attached a few before and after pics so u can see what im talking about)

supernaked0730

Reaction score
Visit site
i had never thought of that and for $10 i might just have to order a set and see for myself. thanks for your help :) on a different note i read somewhere that r6 mirrors of the same year will fit my fz6, do you know if there is any truth to this?

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 2008 and replaced my mirrors with the R6 version. They fit exactly on the mounting points and I think they are great improvement in looks and in rear view functionality.

This is probably the post you saw.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-...ve-your-motorcycle.html?highlight=mirror+poll

I checked and the Amazon page cited about halfway down the first page still has these for $18.99. I can't imagine they wouldn't ship to Winnipeg.

I can see the rear view much better than with the stock mirrors. I think the lower profile looks much sportier. The quality is not quite as good as the stocks. The stalks are plastic over a metal interior versus anodized aluminum for the stocks. The rubber bushings could be less squishy but they look fine. Or you can pay a bit more for the factory versions from the dealer or a parts place.

Be aware that you need to look at clearances with the clutch and brake levers. I rotated mine down a bit - which was actually better positioning, because I found the levers were hitting the mirrors when maneuvering in the garage or pk lots. I tried FZ6R bars for a bit. Because they have less sweep the clearances with the mirrors was worse. I'm back to stock bars.

picture.php

picture.php

Good Luck,
Chris

Last edited:

supernaked0730

Reaction score
Visit site
i just ordered set of the oem r6 mirrors along with a set of the flush mount indicaters just to see which i like better thank you all for your help i really appreciate it :)