Looking for FZ1 Bars

ecudoc

Reaction score
Visit site
Before ordering from a distributor, I wanted to know if anyone happened to have a set of FZ1 bars lying around, or that you are planning on taking off.
So.. If you have a set, please show me condition/ pics and a reasonable price.

Thanks for looking!

JeffrosFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I actually have brand new FZ1 bars..never installed (decided not to install after ordering), perfect condition, not a scratch.

Shoot me a price how much they are worth and will let you know.

jeff

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting. Can you guys mention some of the reasons/benefits of using the FZ1 bars over the stock ones?

Lower and sportier riding position?

ecudoc

Reaction score
Visit site
I have read on this forum that the FZ1 bars do not have quite as awkward bend coming off the end as the FZ6.

I have noticed that bend quite a bit and finally decided to get some.

If there is more to it, could someone please add to it? :rockon:

FAZERRIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
I been thinking real hard about putting the drag bars on too. I like that I can set upright on the bike but when I lay down on her I would like the bars a little lower. I have seen others have this mod so I guess they must not hit the tank. They are under $50 from the Yamaha dealer so there a cheap mod. I think I will order them the first of the week.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
nimzotech, I'll see if I can help answer your question.

I installed the FZ1 bars last year after trying them on a friend's FZ6. ecudoc pointed out one of the biggest advantages...the pullback isn't as severe as the stock bars, which tend to put your wrists at an awkward angle. They also move your body position just a bit more forward (read: aggressive), but nothing like changing to clip-ons or something like that. They just have a better feel to them, a more natural position, if you will. You can still sit straight up as you can with the stock bars, but you're able to get more forward when more aggressive riding calls for it.

And as far as hitting the tank goes, you just have to put all your controls on and then play with the angle of the bars. You can put the bars pretty much flat across and still have about 1/2" of room before the bottom of the kill switch housing and turn signal housing hit the tank. And you shouldn't have any problem still using the fork lock function when you remove the key.

Someone did a great write up a while back that shows the stock bars next to the FZ1 bars and the differences between the two. It should be fairly easy to find and it shows the small hole you need to drill on the underside of the right side of the bars so the little nub on the kill switch housing has a place to sit (or you can just cut the nub off).

BTW, I picked mine up through my local dealer for $38.

:thumbup: