Looking for an extended shift pedal

Delasangre4231

Reaction score
Visit site
I wear 14 Extra wide and the shift knob is on top of my foot not at my toe and I have trouble downshifting since I cant get my foot high enough without coming off the peg

Love@FirstRide

Reaction score
Visit site
i don't see how you could have a problem... I wear a 12 wide and the shifter hits my big toe just fine on the upshift. your heel needs to come down the peg is a fulcrum. your foot is bigger so it should make it easier if anything..

Delasangre4231

Reaction score
Visit site
Where are you putting your foot in relation to the peg? I put the footpeg in the arch in my shoe and my big toe is nowhere near the lever.

Zealot

The Village Idiot
Reaction score
Visit site
Where are you putting your foot in relation to the peg? I put the footpeg in the arch in my shoe and my big toe is nowhere near the lever.

Might have to use your heel on the peg instead. My feet are size 10 and I don't have any issues... All I did was use the adjuster bolts on the rod and lower it so that I didn't have to try and pull my foot up into my shin anymore.

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
You shouldn't be riding with your arch on the pegs. When you're riding normally, the balls of your feet should be on the pegs. So yes, you should have to move your entire foot to shift.

Delasangre4231

Reaction score
Visit site
I tried riding today with my toe on the lever and my arch on the peg. It did not help me downshift and just felt weird. The pedal is maxed out down to the point where it'll hit the rearset bracket and not allow me to physically downshift. I may try a set of pegs I found that allow 360 degree movement of your pegs, I may try putting the pegs 1" back vs cutting up and extending a shift lever. I can also try back and up a bit since I can't get the pedal any lower.

MFW Vario Footpeg Mount Rider for Yamaha FZ6, FZ6R, '09-'11, FZ1, '01-'11, YZF600R, R6, '99-'02, FJR1300, MT-01 - TwistedThrottle.com