looking for a small backpack

razteo

Special Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I need a small backpack that wouldn't interfere much with my movements and won't create to much trouble at high speeds.
I need it mostly for my 2 frikin' remotes (gate & garage) that I can't find a place to put them - too big for my leather jacket or my pents!

I only found regular sized backpacks (that I already have few of them) but they are too big and it will stay empty most of the time, or small Hydration Packs, good size, but I don't need the hydration (like this: Cycle Gear - FOX: 2010 Oasis Hydration Pack, )

I use right now a fanny pack that fits perfectly those 2 bulky remotes & my cellphone, is hanging on my back right where my spine is, but I think in an accident crushing my spine against the remotes won't be too good.

Any suggestions for a small backpack?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

gearheadstu

Reaction score
Visit site
JMHO, but backpacks == the bad. I even feel foolish riding with a camelbak, given the incompressible nature of the water inside.

What you're describing sounds like the perfect use-case for a tankbag. That's what I'd go with.

...Only I hate tankbags. I still use mine, only I keep it clipped to the pillion seat via webbing & buckles.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
it isn't tiny, but I have the Cortech backpack and don;t mind it at all while riding, it has plenty of straps and is big enough to fit the essentials, but small enough to stay out of the way.

scottsst

Reaction score
Visit site
I would go away from Backpacks and get a tailbag or a tankbag . they are in my opinon safer. you don't have anything straped to you if something goes wrong I would say a tankbag is the way to go for you if you want a water you can put a camelbac bladder in a tank bag with out to much trouble

Reaction score
Visit site
I went and got an UnderArmor back from Academy Sporting goods. It's full sized, but doesn't feel like it. Doesn't get in the way, I have full movement while using it. It has raised ribbing for air flow to the back. Very comfortable, GRUMPY

forwil

***** Elite
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I use Kriega 35L backpack and love it
It doesn’t feel to big, straps nice in front with a zipper, I keep my garage opener in the front pocket and my camera in the other, as for speed I cant even tell its there and I was going to fast with it this morning. A tank bag would work but I haven’t found one that looks good on the FZ6 IMO. If anyone has pictures of a good looking tank bag on our bike that would be nice to see

razteo

Special Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Any chance that shoving the items under the seat wouldn't damage them?

Well, to stop & unmount, turn off the engine, take out the key from main switch and unlock the seat, open the gate, rapidly put the seat back, turn on the engine, mount & drive in my complex (the complex gate opens only few seconds just to allow a car to get in, no longer), then repeat the whole thing when I get to the garage.
Doesn't sound to easy.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
You can buy really small tank bags that hold 1 or 2 litres quite cheaply. Joe Rocket, Manta and Hein Gericke sell them among others. I have one that I fit my wallet, phone lock and keys in when I just go for a ride just for the hell of it. Pretty cheap and doesn't get in the way at all. They have amazingly strong magnets and stick on hard.

You can see mine on the bike here. Sorry about the large image. I didn't have a thumbnail image created.

fazerider

Reaction score
Visit site
For the remote I used velcro and stuck it on my fairing just in front of the handlebar on the right so I could hit the button and enter the garage without stopping. the velcro allowed it to come off in bad weather too.

Can't recommend a small bag that you haven't tryed already I looked at a few and a tail bag looked like a nice option but the leg didn't like it so I got the new Mil spec Icon backpack, it is very comfortable on the shoulders to carry my cover, street shoes, second visor, first aid kit, water, food, 2 cell phones, meds and everything else including a great spot for a laptop. It has 2 small pockets in the chest strap area big enough for an Ipod and garage door remote too you might be able to push a button with one in there. The boots and all my riding gear fit in and on the pack including the helmet when the cover and street shoes are out.

CDE

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm also going to vote for a tail or tank bag!! Lots of different shapes and sizes.

I however have neither. I have a hard top mount rear case which I put things in when needed. I also have an Oakley backpack which I quite like. I've gone on a few day rides with it before my top-case was installed and it was hardly noticeable. Still good range of motion and I didn't have enough crap in there to be uncomfortable. Any bag if loaded with more than a few lbs will be uncomfortable...

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
For the remote I used velcro and stuck it on my fairing just in front of the handlebar on the right so I could hit the button and enter the garage without stopping. the velcro allowed it to come off in bad weather too.
I really like this idea! I have been putting my remote in my pocket, and then fumbling with it trying to find the correct button to get the garage open before I get to the driveway. Thanks for the suggestion. :)