Longevity

Cochiez

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm about to turn 12,000 miles on my 07 and it's got me thinking about my bike's future. I take care of my bike, change out the synthetic every 3k-miles, will be doing 12k service soon, but wonder how many miles I can expect from it.

Who's got big miles on their FZs? Can you tell me your mileage and any big milestones or major maintenance you've done?

Thanks.

Here's an old pic of the odometer on my '06 FZ6

651121734_i9htt-O.jpg

I'm at 60,000 miles now :thumbup:

Here's an old pic of the odometer on my '06 FZ6

651121734_i9htt-O.jpg

I'm at 60,000 miles now :thumbup:

Wow - glad to see the '06 FZ6 has lots of longevity! I bought my '06 only 1 week ago and it only had 3100 miles on it. Giving the previous owner the benefit of the doubt - we won't count 2010 at all - say it was on sale or making its way up here from wherever it was - and let's say they bought it in '07 and not in '06 - this bike was on the road for two years and only has 3100 miles on it - less than 1600 miles a year.

I don't even know how that is possible unless they bought it - got scared of it and let it sit in the garage before deciding to get rid of it.

Hell, I've already put 200+ miles on it.

Love the Buddha! Gotta get me one!
RhadamYgg

Last edited:
I only do like 100ish a week for work/study related riding (commuting), which is probably 2500 miles a year (avg), that being said I ALSO ride any weekend I have free and can do anything from an extra 150-400km. So the actual figure per year is alot higher.

You never know they might have bought it then lost their license for a long time :p
I know a few people who have done that

60,000 miles?!? That's awesome. I'm glad to see my little fizzer has so much life left in her.

you'll get tired of it long before you wear it out (if you take care of it)

So you've gone from two VFRs and a Beemer to an FZ? I love my FZ, but most guys I know would say the honda and bmw are superior models.

In your experience, how do they compare? Apples and oranges, or is there a winner here?

I do 1000 in one month. Not sure how you can do only 3000 in two years.
That person must have hated riding

Not everyone is lucky enough to be able to ride every day - kids, family commitments etc usually take priority.

Nothing to do with not loving riding. I bet if they were able, they'd be riding every day :Flash:

maybe it's me and possible ignorance but in some ways i'm shocked at you guys being shocked. i got my 06 last year with about 1000 miles on it. it's now got close to 8k on it. let's say that's my average. i'd be ticked if it gave up the ghost in 4 or 5 years... which would be 35k or 42k. i expect 200k easy out of a modern day car. i don't think it's too much to expect 100k out of a modern day bike.

maybe it's me and possible ignorance but in some ways i'm shocked at you guys being shocked. i got my 06 last year with about 1000 miles on it. it's now got close to 8k on it. let's say that's my average. i'd be ticked if it gave up the ghost in 4 or 5 years... which would be 35k or 42k. i expect 200k easy out of a modern day car. i don't think it's too much to expect 100k out of a modern day bike.

Probably not so much shock that the bike CAN do this amount of kms but more that people keep them that long.

I'm only saying this because we've had a lot of bikes over the years and probably have never kept one long enough to do over 15,000kms.

Mike always wanted something new and would sell it to buy a new one. :D

Back