Long wait to upgrade now just a couple more days

alexiano

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been eyeing off FZ6Ns for months and months. I've had my license riding a postie for 15 months and showed extreme patience to not have to upgrade twice.

Yesterday, I waltzed into a Yamaha dealer and signed the paperwork for a new '09 6N and can't wait to start riding it.

I love the look of the bike, and love it's reputation. I am very aware of the extreme power difference to what I'm used to, but thankfully I'm forced to ride it easy for the wear-in period.

Now for the uneasy wait for another 48 hours

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
welcome alexiano,

congrats on your new acquisition. there's no need to tell you that you got yourself a great bike, you already know that :BLAA:

treat the fz with respect, ride it in your comfort zone and build your skills and progressively and you will have years of great fun

before others jump in

POST PICS :thumbup:

alexiano

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys. Just waiting on my oggy knobs to get delivered and installed.

Will look to get some new exhausts put on down the track, and the fender eliminator that was shown I was a bit iffy about.

alexiano

Reaction score
Visit site
Cool!. Seems to be a few Aussies here.

I was a bit so-so initially on the bike colour. Originally I was looking for 2nd hand ones in black, and really liked the orange version too.

This bike will likely be more grey in sunlight, but the red on the seat and gunmetal grey has really grown on me.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:alexiano!!
From Sunny.....oh oh it's cloudy right now Southern California!

Great looking bike! :BLAA: Congratulations! You will love that bike as much as something you would have to feed oats n straw to....
picture.php

You will talk to it and caress it :eek: Awesome bike and I always miss mine.

This is a great forum!

alexiano

Reaction score
Visit site
*feeling very welcomed*
Thanks for that.

In lieu of any photos until I get the bike, here are some more of the same bike from the dealer. Here's to hoping I get it tomorrow as promised (and the weather being clear/fine enough for my first ride home)

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site
Not a huge fan of the red on the seat, but other than that it looks awesome! Love the gold wheels! Be careful on the new ride and enjoy it.

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
Great looking bike. Love the naked look. Too bad was never sold here. The colour will grow on you, though the red seat seems off to me. Treat her well and she will love you in return.

PS... the Aussies do run the forum!

alexiano

Reaction score
Visit site
Bit gutted. Got call to say bike was ready so get myself set for trip into city. Weather was drizzly but thought I'd brave it.

Got 3/4 there, the rain got too heavy so had to turn back home. Bloody Melbourne weather:(

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
that's bad you had to postpone the delivery date. i like the colour combo and gold wheels, i dont think its such a common colour either.:thumbup:

dblaze

Reaction score
Visit site
Great looking bike take easy they are quick off the mark when I got mine it was a real shock just how quick the bike was.

alexiano

Reaction score
Visit site
The day was right for it today. I picked up my new baby and rode her home ever so gently (that sounds kinda wrong).

Here's a pic with my proud son having his first sit.