Long Island evening ride July 9th

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Long Island evening ride August 8th

Hey everyone -

Short notice here but I will head out riding this Friday night. S.D. Willie from this forum may join as well

We could meet in Hicksville NY (Nassau County) right near the LIE exit 41S or NSP exit for 106/107

From there we could head to Ocean parkway via the Wantagh parkway. I usually make a short stop at Captree then head north onto the Robert Moses Causeway across that long bridge. (it really is an awesome bridge). I follow the Sagtikos parkway all the way north and pickup 25A west then stop in Northport, NY which is a seaside town.

This is the solo ride I would do if there are no takers or if anyone is interested please let me know. I am open to changing the ride plan. my only requirement is I won't ride with irresponsible riders. I know this notice probably doesn't apply to anyone here

I would leave around 6 to 6:30pm

Thanks all

Tom

Last edited:

nyctpt

Reaction score
Visit site
I have plans unfortunately, need to be in Brooklyn around 8. Next time for sure!

Ryan

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Erik - It's a really casual ride with really no curves but the scenery is awesome. You need not worry about speed slowing anyone down. Please let me know if you are in

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
damn cant make it to this one. sry fellas. We gotta get another group ride going again its been a while

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com
Agree w/ Anthony, its been too long; I would join too if it was later in the evening -

... but my interest has peaked!

Have a great and safe ride!!

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Metallicat - I am flexible on timing. I actually have the night to myself. My wife is busy helping her mother and my daughter is old enough now where she has plans almost every night

If you think you could make the ride at a later time tell me a good time for you. I have no where to be at any particular time or really any time I need to be home by either.

Thanks!

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com
Metallicat - I am flexible on timing. I actually have the night to myself. My wife is busy helping her mother and my daughter is old enough now where she has plans almost every night

If you think you could make the ride at a later time tell me a good time for you. I have no where to be at any particular time or really any time I need to be home by either.

Thanks!

I cant leave before 9 from Brooklyn (1+ hrs away)... so that's pretty inflexible on my part :). I'd hate to sideline your schedule especially if I get delayed. My daughter(s) have no social life yet :).

ErikNYC

Reaction score
Visit site
I really want to go, and will do what I can to make it.

As of now my lady, has taken off from work tomorrow, but we have no official plans. It's her Summer Fridays off from work, and I know she will be upset if I mention another outing, with another one of my hobbies. I'm about 80% sure I can make it, and the later the better for me.

I will update everyone tomorrow by 3PM.

ErikNYC

Reaction score
Visit site
I also have a job interview in the morning, so once I finish the interview, my head will be clear. Wish me luck!

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Erik - good luck on your job interview.

As of right now it will be me solo riding and if you can join that would be cool.

I too take an early Friday in the summer. I am flexible on timing

If you wouldn't mind please let me know how things work out with the interview and if you plan to come out to meetup for the ride.
I think the weather tomorrow is going to be very good. Clear, high eighties and very low humidity

Tom

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all -
I am going to plan for another evening ride. this time Saturday August 8th (6 days from now).

I could go as far out on the Island as Greenport which is a really nice ride but I would rather not do this alone.

Let me know if any takers.

I am flexible on when to leave, sometime probably after 5pm.

Thanks
Tom

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all -
I am going to plan for another evening ride. this time Saturday August 8th (6 days from now).

I could go as far out on the Island as Greenport which is a really nice ride but I would rather not do this alone.

Thanks
Tom

Slight de-rail,

Hey Tom, have you ever ridden thru Brentwood in Suffolk County?

That's where I'm from and lived there until I was 19 and then moved south in 1979. Been back once, since then for a wedding.

Used to race MX out in Bridghampton, way out on the island on YZ 125's and 250's, when the "Mono shocks" first came out in the late 70's..

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com
Hey all -

Thanks
Tom

Trying to make this happen. Also trying to grab another rider or two from LI ... hope it works out for you w/ or w/o us!