List of Laws

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
dont think they are 100% right, for ny it says license required: liability insurance..... um you need a motorcycle licnese........think its a lil off on that part... and it says rider certification if under 16........ sounds more like snowmobile regulations in ny not motorcycle

KensFz6

Wreck in progress
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
dont think they are 100% right, for ny it says license required: liability insurance..... um you need a motorcycle licnese........think its a lil off on that part... and it says rider certification if under 16........ sounds more like snowmobile regulations in ny not motorcycle

Where do you see that?

I think you're mis-reading the Insurance requirements section.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting... I did not know we had mandatory insurance but I carry far more than state minimum as well as full, not just liability.

bossdoc83

Loud pipes save lives!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hmmmm when I was in Cali, lane splitting is ok and the link says lane splitting is "Not referenced in Administrative Code or Statutes". So because there is no reference, does that mean it's legal? I ask because according to the link, Idaho says the same thing.

Ideas?

KensFz6

Wreck in progress
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hmmmm when I was in Cali, lane splitting is ok and the link says lane splitting is \"Not referenced in Administrative Code or Statutes\". So because there is no reference, does that mean it's legal? I ask because according to the link, Idaho says the same thing.

Ideas?

Yes, technically.

Basically if there's no law saying you can't, than it's alright.

I'd hate to have to search through a long list of things things you CAN do ;)

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thats a great link, thanks. I don't ride much in The States, but we are going to Thunder In The Valley next year and those laws would be very useful to have on hand.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice link, thanks. :thumbup:

This explains a lot about the dumb-ass harley riders:

Muffler - No acoustical criteria.
Maximum Sound Level - No acoustical criteria

This is just odd. "Hey Bubba, keep your toes out of the spokes and chain, they can hurt a bit."

Passenger Seat - Required if carrying a passenger
Passenger Footrest - Not Required

This one I would not test in Texas. Hey Bubba, lookie at that thar motor-sickle riddin' 'tween the koors. Watch this sh!t" (Door flies open, forced off the road, shot at, etc.)

Lane Splitting - Not referenced in Administrative Code or Statutes

Last edited: