Lev Vince oval carbon and Givi top rack

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd like to tell you all that this was an easy install, but it wasn't. Lots of fiddling to make everything align more or less straight and one piece of standard hardware of Leo Vince made it absolutely impossible for it all to play together nicely.

Main Givi mounting bolts want to occupy the same space as main Leo mounting bolts. (See blue arrow)

attachment.php

The fix is relatively simple. Original Leo spacer is 18mm wide (see red arrow). I replaced it with 14mm spacer on both sides and that created enough room for it all to fit.

I also had to file a bit of stock fender. The part that fits between the cans is a bit too wide. I believe this is only an issue if you go with narrower spacers, as I had to.

All in all, not ridiculously difficult, but not easy either and very time consuming.
If I was only doing the exhaust swap (no rack), it would have been much easier and quicker.

attachment.php

Last edited:

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
seems like the leovince cans are the easiest to get working with a givi rack then?

i've got a tailtidy, but i'm guessing it should fit the same

(sorry to resurrect an old thread)

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
seems like the leovince cans are the easiest to get working with a givi rack then?

i've got a tailtidy, but i'm guessing it should fit the same

(sorry to resurrect an old thread)

Can't tell you if they're easiest, since I haven't tried this setup with any other exhaust, but certainly was easy enough.
Should work just fine with tailtidy.

brad81987

Reaction score
Visit site
I just went through this as well- Leo Vince's with SW-Motech rack, which mounts in the rear pretty much the same way the Givi does. Following Erci's advise, I turned down the spacer to 14mm and everything fit perfectly. Aligning the Leo's was a royal pain and a half, but once I got it to where I thought it looked good, install was pretty smooth. I managed to avoid filing down the stock fender piece. I heated it up with a heat gun so it was a little soft and managed to work it in. Bike sounds awesome. Now just need some rain to clear all the salt and sand from the roads and some warmer weather......

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just went through this as well- Leo Vince's with SW-Motech rack, which mounts in the rear pretty much the same way the Givi does. Following Erci's advise, I turned down the spacer to 14mm and everything fit perfectly. Aligning the Leo's was a royal pain and a half, but once I got it to where I thought it looked good, install was pretty smooth. I managed to avoid filing down the stock fender piece. I heated it up with a heat gun so it was a little soft and managed to work it in. Bike sounds awesome. Now just need some rain to clear all the salt and sand from the roads and some warmer weather......

Well done! Nice service setup too!

brad81987

Reaction score
Visit site
Well done! Nice service setup too!
Thanks. Very handy for wheeling the bike around to work on it and back out of the way in the winter, especially when I had the swing arm off. Need to devise a center stand lock of some sort though. Inadvertantly pushed it forward when I was moving it around yesterday. Thankfully I found that handy storage spot for my spare trailer tire, saved me big time.

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Erci - told you I was gonna use this thread. I finally got to install my LV exhaust now that the East Coast weather has turned. I ended up picking up a set of 15mm spacers from my local dealership for free (ok, I lied. The mechanic had some in his toolbox and told me I could have 'em if I got him a coffee next time I'm in). Everything worked fairly well. I had a difficult time centering the bracket in between the cans, but managed to fiddle it pretty close. On the FZ351 Givi rack part of the install, I couldn't get the rack to not touch the bottom of my cans... does yours touch there as well? I'm worried about rubbing on the cans - there are already some scuffs from installing, but I don't want them to get worse.

I also installed a FAZR6 FE kit. Looks great with the stock plate light (I remember you changed yours to LED bolts, right?).

LV sounds amazing with the dB killers in. I haven't had a chance to take 'em out yet, or to take the bike for a ride. Thanks again for the install thread, and for the spacer info.

:thumbup:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Erci - told you I was gonna use this thread. I finally got to install my LV exhaust now that the East Coast weather has turned. I ended up picking up a set of 15mm spacers from my local dealership for free (ok, I lied. The mechanic had some in his toolbox and told me I could have 'em if I got him a coffee next time I'm in). Everything worked fairly well. I had a difficult time centering the bracket in between the cans, but managed to fiddle it pretty close. On the FZ351 Givi rack part of the install, I couldn't get the rack to not touch the bottom of my cans... does yours touch there as well? I'm worried about rubbing on the cans - there are already some scuffs from installing, but I don't want them to get worse.

I also installed a FAZR6 FE kit. Looks great with the stock plate light (I remember you changed yours to LED bolts, right?).

LV sounds amazing with the dB killers in. I haven't had a chance to take 'em out yet, or to take the bike for a ride. Thanks again for the install thread, and for the spacer info.

:thumbup:

Givi bracket was initially touching the cans, but I did manage to rotate cans and create enough clearance. I too was worried that it would rub the cans.
I did replace the stock plate light with LEDs. Leo bracket was pushing down on the stock one and it was kind of flexing the whole FE down. Wasn't happy with that.
Post up some pics!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My only complaint is the leather crotch cover on the tank. Apart from that, bike looks good. Could use a FE kit though...;-)

You're late, fergie! :BLAA:

I've since posted my FE mod and even THAT was a while ago :BLAA:

32712d1292209407-fazr6-fender-eliminator-kit-leo-vince-exhaust-givi-rack-plate_light_after.jpg

It really wasn't my intention to show off the bike in this thread. It was about installing combination of Leo cans and Givi rack.
I love the tank bra.. much prefer it over stick-on pads. As they say.. to each their own.

Last edited:

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Spent time on another day re-fitting everything. Got clearances everywhere, except on the left fender bracket. The back of the left exhaust still touches, but I don't care anymore :rolleyes: I used a 15mm stainless spacer. It fit perfectly. I had a few issues attempting to get the wires from FAZR6s' FE kit to fit back through the plastic wire channel on the fender frame. I was worried they would touch the exhaust, but it actually doesn't get that hot...

img2070edit.jpg

img2069edit.jpg

img2071edit.jpg

Have had everything out for a test ride now, ~120kms. Re-checked all the fasteners for tightness and everything was good. The sound of these pipes is amazing. I tried them with and without the dB killers. I prefer the sound of them in. Now I just have to convince the wife that a Power Commander is needed so the new exhaust works right :spank:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks perfect! I'm guessing your 15mm spacers are just a hair wider than the setup I used.. the benefit being that the fish tail fits nicely between the cans on yours. Well done.

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks perfect! I'm guessing your 15mm spacers are just a hair wider than the setup I used.. the benefit being that the fish tail fits nicely between the cans on yours. Well done.

Nope, definitely not nicely. I was going to trim it like you had did on yours, but then read somebody else had used a heat gun to soften theirs up. That is what I ended up doing, however the 'fishtail' got a little too soft and I ended up sinking a thumbprint into it. Now, if it ever gets stolen I can tell the police that my bike is fingerprint encoded to me... :D

Jjtwo69

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry for this being off thread, but Erci could you tell me how you like your tank cover. Does dirt and stuff get under it and does it flap in the wind???

Thanks Jason

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
... Now I just have to convince the wife that a Power Commander is needed so the new exhaust works right :spank:

and off topic and not trying to be a dumb ass, but why has to be that way?

You earn your money, it is your time and effort, so does the lady needs to convince you that a new carpet or something like that is needed?

btw I am single and have a girlfriend .. but not plans at all to get married anytime soon, not even to move with her :D

Erci ... I really like your bike, congrats

Cheers

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry for this being off thread, but Erci could you tell me how you like your tank cover. Does dirt and stuff get under it and does it flap in the wind???

Thanks Jason

I love it. Used to have ProGrip stick-on pad and I definitely prefer the tank bra. Never had dirt get under it and no flapping in the wind at all. Quite easy to remove for cleaning too.

Targa Half-Tank Cover - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
and off topic and not trying to be a dumb ass, but why has to be that way?

You earn your money, it is your time and effort, so does the lady needs to convince you that a new carpet or something like that is needed?

btw I am single and have a girlfriend .. but not plans at all to get married anytime soon, not even to move with her :D

Just sarcasm mate ;) The wife actually enjoys the bike as much as I do. But, most aftermarket parts for the bike are fairly expensive and are predominantly 'fixing' issues that don't really need fixing. Put another way 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it!' Sometimes it's hard to justify dropping $500 for a part that is put on a bike that see's only seasonal usage...

Anyways, she's actually onside with this purchase - I'm just waiting for a good deal! :thumbup:

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
Pretty nice your wife enjoys the bike as well

and I am completely agree with you regarding the mods ... most of then are needs created by ourselves ... but that is what make us happy