Let's do this!

H8 PVMT

lovin' life
Reaction score
Visit site
By the way if you want to order the cluster back, use boats.net over Partshark. While Partshark had a better price by .60 shipping was 9.00 vs 1.74!

H8 PVMT

lovin' life
Reaction score
Visit site
i got my gauge back at the stealership, it was like $12. i didnt think it was a bad price so i just got it. how much was your gauge back?

you are going to love riding naked:thumbup:

The gauge back was $9.14 + 1.74 shipping. I'm really excited, I've been wanting to do this for about 18 months now and am in a postion to finally do it. Pic's will come soon enough!

zackeeboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Just ordered the vs-01 kit and the gauge cluster back cover. This is going to be awesome!:rockon:

I actually just ordered my VS-01 kit yesterday! I was contemplating buying a gauge cluster back cover as well. Do you know if the small windscreen still fits with the gauge cluster cover on?

dev_usc

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The back cover will not fit direct but with some modifications to the speedometer mounting plate you should be able to make it work... people with VS01 have done it in past...

Jimmy had installed the speedo back cover and I asked him how he did it and this was his response

mmmmachine said:
Hey Vishnu, yea the kit was great. I had to do a few things to make it all work perfectly, but altogether it was a great kit. Thanks for the kit. Anyway, to answer your questions. I needed to buy the speedo back cover and 3 tapping screws from yamaha. The speedo mounting bracket I had to cut like this.

aFHkL.jpg

The bottom of the speedo cover I also had to cut because the metal for the windshield stay kind of got in the way of the cover as well. So if you can make the windshield stay detachable from the main headlight stay, then that would be great. If that's too much work, just tell them to cut the speedo cover just enough to get it on. You don't have to cut too much off the speedo cover, but just enough. Also this only applies to the rectangular speedometers.

Hope that helps.
-Jimmy

dev_usc said:
Thanksyou so much for sharing the pics of the fz6 with my kit.
If you dont mind can you please prove me some info/pics on what modification you had to do to fit the speedometer cover. I am willing to make changes to kit to provide this as a plug'n'play option.

Sincerely appreciate your business.
Vishnu

66jm04.jpg

;
;
2jfb0qo.jpg

;
;
2m7b78g.jpg

;
;

rt0v12.jpg

;
;
ih5mba.jpg

;
;
6e23dk.jpg

;
;
v4cs3p.jpg

H8 PVMT

lovin' life
Reaction score
Visit site
So, any requests on swap? I paln on taking pictures if I remember. I haven't been this excited since Christmas!

H8 PVMT

lovin' life
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I got some done today but not everything done. The stay is mounted, the speedo and back cover are mounted. I shorted a fuse (x2) while figuring out where the wires go so that stalled me. Then I found that I don't have wire connectors for 20g wire so that stopped me too. I got my new tail light in but it's clear and not smoke so that is stalled. Sheesh.

Now I have to go out of town for 4 days and can't work on it til I get back.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great man!!! By the way what kind of tank pads are those and how do you like them, do they grip pretty good?

H8 PVMT

lovin' life
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great man!!! By the way what kind of tank pads are those and how do you like them, do they grip pretty good?

Thanks brotha. The tank pads are "stomp grip" and they are awesome. I had to cut them to fit the way I wanted but they do allow for fantastic grip.

H8 PVMT

lovin' life
Reaction score
Visit site
Couple more pictures. I installed the new tail light and really cleaned up the rear of the bike, looks fantastic if you ask me.
Overall I did:
VS01 kit
Painted the triple
installed new tail light
purchased new tires
raised the forks 1/2"

I love the bike even more, it's very unique when you look around town. :thumbup:

Last edited: