Leos vs scorpion exhaust???????

tannerplante

Reaction score
Visit site
So currently I have scorpions the newer model... I'm thinking about getting leos for$250 And my question is what are the pros and cons to each of them? What is better? Is that a good price? What would you perfer of the two? Thanks guys!!!!

mercm3

newbie still dammit
Reaction score
Visit site
leo's have the cat elim pipe which is cool. If the condition is good thats a great price. I myself think the scorps look a little nicer then the leo's but thats just my opinion, I couldn't tell you about how leo's sound since I never heard them. Will you be selling your scorps? I'd be pretty interested in them.

penguinbiker8

stuntin like my daddy
Reaction score
Visit site
the leos are soooooooo nice. i had em on mine. obviously i prefer them over scorpions but thats my opinion. cat elim. is awesome too. the sound is deep

cyprusgrump

Reaction score
www.virtual-pub.com
Why change, what are you hoping to gain...? :confused:

To me it seems like loadsa-hassle to dismantle the bike, remove an after-market and fit another... unless you are going to take the cat out in the process...

tannerplante

Reaction score
Visit site
I think I will do it.... it comes with the mid pipe which is cool... So can some people tell me which they would rather have leos or scorpions?

I will probably sell the scorpions if i end up buying them...I will gain the mid mipe.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I think I will do it.... it comes with the mid pipe which is cool... So can some people tell me which they would rather have leos or scorpions?

I will probably sell the scorpions if i end up buying them...I will gain the mid mipe.
You can buy the cat elim pipe for a fraction of the price of the exhausts new and quite a lot less than your LEOs price.

tannerplante

Reaction score
Visit site
The exhaust is for a 2006 and my bike is a 2007 will it still fit? i looked at the leo vince website and they had different part numbers

luckyirishboy209

custom fz6 foot peg maker
Reaction score
Visit site
at one time i went threw the same thing as you. couldnt make up my mind about those two untill i had both in my hand, get the leo IMOP they are alot better made and sound better. the scrops have metal clapms to hold the pipes witch dont always seal that good IMOP. the leos have the springs.
i wouldnt trade my leos for anything, they sound real good.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
The exhaust is for a 2006 and my bike is a 2007 will it still fit? i looked at the leo vince website and they had different part numbers

supposedly they will not fit. I have not compared the two side by side, but it is my understanding that one year is about 1" shorter than the other.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
The end cans etc are the same for all the years. The decat pipe is different from 04-06 to 07-09 though. The one for the older bikes is shorter.

04efi

Reaction score
Visit site
If you remove the cat on a 2007 what do you have to do with the o2 sensor???

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Will have an effect and a retune would definately be an idea, but you can probably survive without it.
If you have the money do it properly and get the PCIII and a dyno, I'm just saving for a Dyno now after getting my PCIII, but I've heard it makes a big difference.

cyprusgrump

Reaction score
www.virtual-pub.com
If you remove the cat on a 2007 what do you have to do with the o2 sensor???

I removed the cat when I fitted my Leos...

Somebody suggested that you disconnect the battery so the ECU can re-adjust itself so that is what I did.

Started her up and she worked perfectly without the cat...

I have since removed the dB killers and I get some 'hunting' at idle... I may disconnect the battery again to see if that goes away...

Oh, BTW I have a 2008 S2 with the Oxygen sensor...

04efi

Reaction score
Visit site
Will have an effect and a retune would definately be an idea, but you can probably survive without it.
If you have the money do it properly and get the PCIII and a dyno, I'm just saving for a Dyno now after getting my PCIII, but I've heard it makes a big difference.

Do you mean dyno like the actual dyno test or saving up for a dyno??? At our local dealer he does runs for 20 bucks. If you just want to see the printed report. IF you want them to dial it in he charges 40. They deal with the PC3;s all the time. Not sure if I can afford one of them yet so I will wait to pull cat out. My pipes came with the cat elim pipe just never did it because i was worried I would make the bike run like crap. I have Giannelli pipes.

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
I have Ti Scorpions on my '04 and had the same on my KTM Duke 2
Can't fault the quality, sound (baffles out) ;) or the price.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Do you mean dyno like the actual dyno test or saving up for a dyno??? At our local dealer he does runs for 20 bucks. If you just want to see the printed report. IF you want them to dial it in he charges 40. They deal with the PC3;s all the time. Not sure if I can afford one of them yet so I will wait to pull cat out. My pipes came with the cat elim pipe just never did it because i was worried I would make the bike run like crap. I have Giannelli pipes.

Wow that is CHEAP! What dealer is that? If you wanna dyno tune without a PC3 visit my sticky about CO adjustment Leo Vince. It will tell you how to unlock the factory tunability.