leo vince, power commander III,& bcm filter help

DEATH4OF4

Reaction score
Visit site
ok so i have a 2008 fz6 with a power commander III,leo vince sbk's with cat. elim. and bcm filter. i installed the leo's 4 days ago. i also downloaded the leo-stock or after market filter. everything seems to run much better but my rpm's fluctuate on idle or 1st gear at a stop. when i took the db killers out the fluctuation was even more noticeable.was thinking it could be a back pressure thing. I've tried to adjust the idle and also unplugged the battery,and also adjusted the power commander(+1 rich) but it only made it better for a little while. is this anything to worry about or is that just how it is. i should at least sync the throttle right? i know someone out there has dealt with this problem. any help would be much appreciated.

ty,
d

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure if this helps but I had the same setup but with stock filter, and with either of the downloaded maps, the idle was only ever-so-slightly lumpy. It seemed to settle after a few days which is strange, but nothing I worried about.

What kind of fluctuations are we talking - 100rpm or more?

DEATH4OF4

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes about 100 or so up and down. I mean the bike performs well. Its just a way different idle sound. Sounds like my old ford truck. I like the sound without the db killers but the rpms bounce is more pronounced. Ty for the response. I got a 66 mile round trip tomorrow and would hate to have any problems with this new set up

DEATH4OF4

Reaction score
Visit site
well to finish this thread out. i put the db killers back in, but the rpms still fluctuated. i used someones carb sync and pretty much went away. i'm just going to leave the killers in, its plenty loud enough, seeing i leave from work in the early am. i had no problems the 66 mile round trip mostly at 65mph+ ;)
i hop this helps someone down the road...
d