LED Turn Signals

element192

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Any thoughts on the "best" LED turn signals? I really like the looks of Rizoma's turn signals but it seems like they are single filament signals and won't work as running lights for the front. Anyone know of some cool signals to clean up the look of the bike but retains full functionality? Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks!

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
I went with Watsen Designs LED flush mounts myself. A little on the pricey side, but well made and very bright!!

Watsen Design LED Signals

Watsen Desings have been continuously improving their designs over the years and I believe they now have a plug & play harness for them so they will work as running lights just like the stock ones.

New design:

new.jpg

04 design:

DSCF1823.JPG

I have some details and wiring info on my web site here: Boneman's FZ6 Site - WATSEN Flush Mount LED Signals

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
I have yet to see a set of aftermarket LED turn signals that are worth the box they came in durring day light hours. I'd love a nice set of flush mount signals but I'm not ready to sacrifice function over form.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I have yet to see a set of aftermarket LED turn signals that are worth the box they came in durring day light hours. I'd love a nice set of flush mount signals but I'm not ready to sacrifice function over form.
Checkout the ones I've got on my bike in my site link below. They use bulbs the same as stock that glow just as bright and can be seen from all round. Much better than LEDs. Big though. The ones on my site are the iridium ones that need an amber bulb, but they also do tinted and amber lenses that can use clear bulbs. Just remember to swap the 23 watt bulbs that come with them for 10 watt ones or you'll melt things like I did! I've since swapped them for the tinted ones. I've got pics I need to upload at some point.

element192

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the great suggestions, I'll have to check some of these out. Boneman, are the flush mounts considered "safe?" Can they be seen well from the front? I want the bike to look great, but this is also my first motorcycle so I want to keep it as safe as possible just in case...

Thanks again!

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
I suggest the Rizomas as well and if you want running lights, get pod lights like I have in my avatar pic.

IMG_2947.jpg

Those are some cheapo ebay LED lights, but they are aluminum and have lasted me just fine and are really bright. (I just snapped the pic when the signals were lit...they arent running lights)

Last edited:

element192

Reaction score
Visit site
I love those podlights, Wildcard! After doing some looking around on the forum I've decided that I totally need to install them. Was it scary drilling the holes in the lights? Other than that it seems like a great mod, thanks for the suggestion.

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
It is real easy to install. Just need a large enough drill bit. Just drill it slooooowly so you dont shoot through and hit your light cover. As for debris, I took out my headlight bulbs and had a shop vac sucking while I was drilling so no pieces of plastic would be sitting in the bottom of the assembly.

Euro LED Turn Signals: CBR954RR/RC 51/CBR600RR/1000RR/ZX6R/ZX10R-ZX14R/GSXR/R1/R6/SV :: Honda :: Turn Signals :: Xtreme Discount Cycle
YAMAHA FZ6 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 EURO LED TURN SIGNALS:eBay Motors (item 260462565179 end time Aug-20-09 07:51:39 PDT)
'04-'08 YAMAHA FZ6 EURO LED TURN SIGNAL:eBay Motors (item 180366230362 end time Sep-05-09 10:11:06 PDT)

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
Has anyone flashed their high beams at you, for running them?

I'm half way to just doing the HID, rather than doing the projector mod as well......... honest input is appreciated.

markustyson

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Wildcard
Those turn signals look great. Do you have a picture of the rear ones? Also, where did you order those from? I am looking for those exact ones! Thanks!

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Thanks for the great suggestions, I'll have to check some of these out. Boneman, are the flush mounts considered "safe?" Can they be seen well from the front? I want the bike to look great, but this is also my first motorcycle so I want to keep it as safe as possible just in case...

Thanks again!

Are the visibileduring the day - yes. Are they "safe"...well that's up to the individual to judge. Are flush mount signals legal? - No. I went with form over function for these. THey are really bright and the newer ones I hear are even brighter. I like that they can also bee seen from the sides and even slightly behind!

The Rizomas are nice too and are quality product. I might even change mine over to them one day.

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
I got the same signals for the rear.

IMG_2944.jpg

They are the Motrax Allycators. Cycle Gear - MOTRAX: LED Allycators Turn Signals, BLACK
You can get them cheaper than that though. They are decent quality, but the screws on the lens covers have since rusted over, so I have painted the screws black.

As for my headlights, both are HID and no, I have not had people complain/flash their high beams at me about them. I run with both lights day and night. I rather be seen and annoying than not seen and dead.

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It is real easy to install. Just need a large enough drill bit. Just drill it slooooowly so you dont shoot through and hit your light cover. As for debris, I took out my headlight bulbs and had a shop vac sucking while I was drilling so no pieces of plastic would be sitting in the bottom of the assembly.

Lol.

I have to laugh because I wasn't careful when drilling those holes and scratched my headlight cover, yes folks, on both sides. I'm a freakin' idiot...

In an effort to be helpful, if you're at all d*ck-fingered like me, you might want to look into either of the following:

View attachment 21037 a drill bit collar to physically set the depth to which you'll drill, or

View attachment 21038 a stepped bit that will allow you to stop when you get to the size hole you want.

htdub

Reaction score
Visit site
Ordered a set a about a month back, and they finally arrived. Roger at Watsen Design's mentioned he moved to a new shop, hence the production delay.

Build quality is amazing. Ordered the extra resistors to run them as daytime lights.

photo%204.jpg

photo%202.jpg

photo%205.jpg

Will update with my install, following boneman's instructions.

knightrider

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow! Those look like really high quality. I can see why they are so pricey. But you get what you pay for like they say.

I went with Proton Flush Mounts. They are very bright and high quality. Unfortunately they don't have them for the FZ6, but they do have them for the FZ1.

It's funny because Kawasaki doesn't have the turn signals as running lights. When I did the install I wasn't able to have them be running lights.