led plate light

pester

pester
Reaction score
Visit site
hi peeps i installed a fender eliminator on my bike, and also those infamous bolts with leds

well the light output was awfull. what you guys use?

i havent find any led light for the plate that is bright enough.. po po dont like dim plates at night

thanks

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
Agreed, They are awful I have them too but I wouldn't worry about it. Its legal as long as its lit and if an officer or anyone gets behind you their headlights are going to light it up with or without the LED's.

paulinus

Reaction score
Visit site
The bolt lights were ok for me. After a while I got tired of the PITA it was to get my plate off if I really wanted it OFF the bike. After having one cute lil plate light die on me, I just picked me up one of those lil 3 LED lights on EBay. The center one is straight on and the two outside ones are splayed out. I took it apart, packed it with silicone and it works great. There's even a light spread on the pavement behind the bike :) I love it.

I thought I had a pic, but I don't.

AdamDJ

Reaction score
Visit site
Here are my bolt lights.. They are white Led's and very bright! They work perfect and were only like 20 bucks..
I tried to get a couple angles so you could see what the bolts look like.. They are chrome and about 3/4 long with a slit in the middle where the LED is..
plate2.jpg

plate1.jpg

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I have an R&G one that came with my fender eliminator and uses 3 of the SMD-style LEDs in it. You can buy them here and here. You can see pics and videos of it working on my site.