Leak from under the stator!

Motobol

Reaction score
Visit site
Every time I park my bike there’s always a couple drops of oil or something on the ground right beer the stator. The underside of the stator is wet. How do I replace the gasket or what needs to be done?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Every time I park my bike there’s always a couple drops of oil or something on the ground right beer the stator. The underside of the stator is wet. How do I replace the gasket or what needs to be done?

Is the bike new to you? Any recent tip overs?

Anyway, I'd clean it real good then monitor for exactly where it's leaking.

It's somewhat unusual to leak un-less the bike was dropped hard..

Very likely, you need a new stator gasket. You'll also need some sealer for where the wires go into the case.

The job can be done W/O dumping the engine oil, just keep the bike on the center stand.

BTW, posting a picture helps too..

Motobol

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes the bike is new to me and it has been dropped. Should I put the sealer on the outside or inside of the stator case?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just use the sealer on where the wires enter the cover (should be a small rubber grommit).

Do NOT put sealer on the gasket or gasket surface.

As the bike is new to you, been dropped and that gasket almost NEVER LEAKS, inspect that cover closely.

**I suspect it's cracked (hair-line crack or otherwise) and will need replacement. Hopefully the main block is not damaged.

As noted earlier, clean it spotless and keep a close eye on where the oil seeps from.