Latest mods - lower cowl and clear turn signals

Rocky529

Reaction score
Visit site
I just installed a couple of more mods and I only had the bike for 3 weeks! I have a clear LED brake light in the mail as we speak also. Here are some pics:

DSCF0184.jpg

DSCF0185.jpg

DSCF0186.jpg

DSCF0187.jpg

Looks amazing, Rocky! :thumbup: I've lusted over the black on the '08 since it came out, but that blue is REALLY starting to grow on me. Isn't it weird how much difference the bellypan makes in making the FZ6 look even MORE sporty? I've had mine on my '06 for a couple of months now and I can't believe I waited as long as I did to put it on! Nice looking bike!

Looks great! Ive been thinking about adding the lower fairing but an undecided right now... but after seeing your pics I have made a decision.
Where did you purchase your lower cowl? dealership??

Very nice.:thumbup:

Have you thought of getting those silver'd bulbs for the indicators to get rid of the orange completely when they are off.

You're welcome Jeffros! I searched high and low to find a better deal on the bellypan because I think they're way overpriced (even at $239). It is a very quality piece, though...well made and study and matches perfectly. The mounting is a BREEZE compared to other bellypans I've tried. I think it took me 15 minutes to install, and that included me stopping twice to answer the phone. LOL.

FZ6inNH...Rocky529 didn't do your pocketbook any favors by posting the same bike you've got with the bellypan, did he? :D Go on...you know you want it! :thumbup:

sorry guys but i have nothing against saving money, however must be your time is not worth anything to you, cause u said u searched hi and low there for you spent alot of time searching to save a few dollars when you could have gotten something else done. O and by the way this is the reason my dad isnt a dealer anymore because no one is willing to help support the dealer they have to charge retail to survive. There are many more bills involved in a dealership than people realize. You keep going to other places to get your things there wont be any dealers you will be going to gander mountains and pep boys to buy your machines. Arctic Cat and Kawasaki have already done this with their ATV's. You think you have a problem with service now......

The Cobalt Blue is a very nice colour on the FZ6....I would be very, very tempted to buy one even with the drop in power from my red one.:p
I've been sitting on the fence about installing a belly pan, but your pics have convinced me to get one.....your bike looks fantastic with it! :thumbup:

sorry guys but i have nothing against saving money, however must be your time is not worth anything to you, cause u said u searched hi and low there for you spent alot of time searching to save a few dollars when you could have gotten something else done. O and by the way this is the reason my dad isnt a dealer anymore because no one is willing to help support the dealer they have to charge retail to survive. There are many more bills involved in a dealership than people realize. You keep going to other places to get your things there wont be any dealers you will be going to gander mountains and pep boys to buy your machines. Arctic Cat and Kawasaki have already done this with their ATV's. You think you have a problem with service now......

Well...if there's one thing Free Enterprise does not seem to tolerate, it's competition. Unfortunately, it's part and parcel of our system. If you are not competitive, you will be out of business very quickly. The argument that dealerships are more expensive because of their higher costs doesn't wash with a Customer when he/she is treated like dirt at that same dealership. It's all about SERVICE. Most people will be willing to pay a higher price for service, parts and accessories if they receive decent service.
Don't condemn wage earners for spending their money wisely. :thumbup:

FZ6inNH...Rocky529 didn't do your pocketbook any favors by posting the same bike you've got with the bellypan, did he? :D Go on...you know you want it! :thumbup:

I'm in a quandry over this as I type. That just looks too damned good to pass up! I'll have to wait a while though. I just "hit one out of the park" with a project at work and there's a big potential for a very nice bonus coming soon. If that happens, it's "CLICK!" Sold! Along with a Corbin seat and a new helmet!

Yeah, I'm freakin jealous!!! ;)

I just installed a couple of more mods and I only had the bike for 3 weeks! I have a clear LED brake light in the mail as we speak also.

So Rocky... are you going to come up for the NE FZ6 Meet in the White Mountains in August?

You've gotta get those decals off the swingarm though! They pull your attention to them. Hair dryer... heat them up VERY hot and they peel off extremely clean! ;)

I gotta have a belly pan now! WOW! :thumbup:

hello sorry for disturbing you but i don't know where to post my message ;:Im With Stupid:
i 'd like to add some stuff to my fz6 s 2006 do you have some links on the net
only usa site please i'd like undertail + i don't know how to say in english "passage de roue" = beyond the rear wheel
in fact this is everything i need :

So Rocky... are you going to come up for the NE FZ6 Meet in the White Mountains in August?

You've gotta get those decals off the swingarm though! They pull your attention to them. Hair dryer... heat them up VERY hot and they peel off extremely clean! ;)

I gotta have a belly pan now! WOW! :thumbup:
Probably, keep in contact with me as to the date of the meet. I just had my MSF course this weekend and passed with flying colors.

OneTrack is completely correct on the service thing. My local dealership, who I've bought 2 bikes from, would get a LOT more of my time and business if they knew how to give decent service. Let me add a caveat to that...their service department DOES get a lot of my business, because the guys back there are the exception to the rest of the dealership. And don't give me that they go out of business because people buy things on the cheap online...that same dealership I'm talking about built a cathedral of a new shop about 2 years ago, so I KNOW they've got money coming out their ears.

As far as saving a few bucks, you must be pretty well off, because in my world $60 isn't a few bucks. If someone says you can have this widget for X amount of dollars and another person over here says you can have the same widget for $60 bucks less, plus you don't have to pay tax...that's a no-brainer.

:p That's what I thought FZ6inNH! LOL...I felt the same way every time I saw a blue FZ with the bellypan. Good luck on the bonus at work...you gotta love those!!!

frenchfazerdude, that seat looks like a Top Saddlery seat. They're an operation out of Britain, I believe. Saddle for motorbike, cover petrol tank, satchels, overalls for scooter. And I'm assuming you're talking about the black, shiny plastic piece in front of the tire...I think you've got it right. An undertail. I'll have to do some searching to see if anyone in the US has that kind of mod.

Last edited:

Oh no! I am bummed! I just went to order one for my '08 and there's none listed for the '08 model!?!?! Argh!!!! I won't pay list for this... I'll have to call them tomorrow and ask about the 2008 model! Must buy!!! :D

*EDIT* Well, I couldn't hold back... I ordered from the local dealer via the Yamaha Web site. I found it on another site for $269 but after shipping, it came to $303 so I got it for $299 with no shipping and will pick it up at the local dealer. I caved.... :D

Last edited:
Back