Last track day of the season: $100 for full day (including school) for first timers!!

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm too far away (2 hours). I plan to drive down Friday night and stay at a hotel. At least 2 other people are going. We should be able to score a room pretty cheap. You're welcome to stay at my place after the track, but you'll have to follow me by bike for 2 hours and trust me, it'll be a very exhausting day.

I rode back after last one, but I quit 1/2 way through the day, knowing how much more I'd need to ride to get back.

I rode to work today and I'm realizing it might be pretty cold riding across PA at the end of October. I've got some deciding to do.

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh man oh man... a hundred bucks? Must. Resist. First. Trackday. Temptation.

I feel like this is a drug dealer attempt at getting me hooked. "Try it man. Good stuff."

Just over an hour away..............

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I feel like this is a drug dealer attempt at getting me hooked. "Try it man. Good stuff."

That is EXACTLY the case! :rof:
If you're like most, you'll be dreaming about doing another one for weeks, after your first track day.
They do have pretty reasonable pricing for those who'll do few days per season. I got the $150 membership, which gets me to a flat rate of 75 to 150 per day, depending on time of year and day of week. This particular day is costing me $115, instead of the $220 guest rate. Event insurance is also included with membership, meaning if I decide not to go, I don't lose any money.. it stays as credit on my account which I can apply towards another day.
If you're in military (or cop or firefighter), it's even better.. $99 for membership and it gets you same rate as the $150 membership, minus another 10%.

Once again, I'm not affiliated with these guys .. I'm just passing the info on to you all. (though they do give credit towards days, for every rider who signs up and mentions referral name).

monteitis

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm doing this... been wanting to do a track day for quite some time, and this is the perfect opportunity. The deal includes free suit rental as well?? Too good to pass up.

I'm a relatively new rider.. just about two years and 18,000 miles under my belt. Really hoping to find answers to some of my questions regarding body position and and braking technique!

I'm going down from central jersey with a work associate... We're taking our bikes in a trailer, it's his first time as well. I'll have my trusty fz6, and he's got his brand new Panigale!

I'm really hoping the weather is in our favor... planning to book a cheap room for Friday night as well. Any recommendations?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm doing this... been wanting to do a track day for quite some time, and this is the perfect opportunity. The deal includes free suit rental as well?? Too good to pass up.

I'm a relatively new rider.. just about two years and 18,000 miles under my belt. Really hoping to find answers to some of my questions regarding body position and and braking technique!

I'm going down from central jersey with a work associate... We're taking our bikes in a trailer, it's his first time as well. I'll have my trusty fz6, and he's got his brand new Panigale!

I'm really hoping the weather is in our favor... planning to book a cheap room for Friday night as well. Any recommendations?

Cool!! I've stayed at Wingate for 77 per night (split with my friend, so it was cheap enough): Hotels Near New Jersey Motorsports Park | New Jersey Motorsports Park

As a matter of fact, I just booked my room there for the same rate (will be splitting with a friend again).

monteitis

Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome, thanks for the tip. We'll probably stay there or at the Quality Inn, Millville.

Looking forward to meeting you folks, and stepping my riding up to the next level!

Dave

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome, thanks for the tip. We'll probably stay there or at the Quality Inn, Millville.

Looking forward to meeting you folks, and stepping my riding up to the next level!

Dave
Maybe I could hook you up with a discount code, I work at a hotel in the choice group but the amount of discount varies on locations

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com
A certain someone, won't mention names, but has an E, r, c, and i in it, pointed out the lunacy of not taking advantage ... So I guess I'll see you guys there on the 26th!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just got a note from ACE confirming that leathers are included with the $99 fee:

Every New rider that has never ridden on a course can attend for $99 which includes suit, school, and track time for that day...Tell your friends! Get on the track before 2014!

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com
Just got a note from ACE confirming that leathers are included with the $99 fee:

Every New rider that has never ridden on a course can attend for $99 which includes suit, school, and track time for that day...Tell your friends! Get on the track before 2014!

BTW although its not clear it comes w/ boots - group 1 can have over-ankle boots/work boots as a minimum, so I figure everyone's covered either way. Plus personally, I'd rather wear my own even if they're not racing boots (but thats just me).

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Few bike prep suggestions for FZ6: (in addition to taping off lights and mirrors)

1. Pull fuses for all lights (on my FZ1, it's a total of 2 fuses. It does also kill the back light for gauges, but it's not an issue in day light). While it's not necessary to pull fuses, it appears that taping off lights (which is required) generates more heat.. I burned out both headlight bulbs this way.

2. Buy quality masking tape (blue or green), not the discount stuff. Discount stuff does not stick.

3. Remove peg feelers.

4. Make sure your tires have plenty of tread left and have no dry rot. You have to pass "tech" before they let you ride and while I've seen them allow tires which look totally spent, for your own safety and safety of those around you, make sure your rubber is up to par. (I was planning to ride on my 2 year old Pilot Road 2's with 12+ k miles on them.. they still have lots of tread left and show no signs of dry rot, but Hellgate convinced me it's an irresponsible thing to do, so I've got new tires coming before this track day).

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
If that organization makes you put a hose clamp on your oil filter, it's super easy to do on the FZ6. Get a hose clamp the right diameter. Looking at your oil filter, place it so the screw is at the 4:00 position, pointing up. Tighten the screw so that the screw portion of the hose clamp is wedged against the engine. It's hard to describe, but if you do it right, the oil filter shouldn't be able to turn in the loosening direction because the hose clamp is hitting.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If that organization makes you put a hose clamp on your oil filter, it's super easy to do on the FZ6. Get a hose clamp the right diameter. Looking at your oil filter, place it so the screw is at the 4:00 position, pointing up. Tighten the screw so that the screw portion of the hose clamp is wedged against the engine. It's hard to describe, but if you do it right, the oil filter shouldn't be able to turn in the loosening direction because the hose clamp is hitting.

Good to know, but nope, not for novice group. The only thing they require is taping off lights/mirrors and tires having 80% tread.

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com
Hey folks,

I have a room booked at 'WINGATE BY WYNDHAM VINELAND' w/ 2 beds, my friend who was gonna take his Thruxton is apparently not gonna be making it... if anyone still have a lingering college mentality and doesn't care where they crash I am all for sharing/splitting the room.

Cost is 77$ for the room (I don't know if there will be other taxes involved... should be minimal).

Thanks.

P.S. I am married and know how to box, so no funny business!! :rof::rof::rof:

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com
LMAO! I'm staying at the same place with my friend Dave, if he doesn't bail (it's gonna be a chilly day!!)

Another option; I can cancel my room - I'm fine w/ sleeping in the closet, sink, floor, etc. (I come prepared w/ pain killers) and I'll pay my share if you wanna stick me in your room!

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I just got an email confirming my track day, so looks like I'll see you, guys on Saturday :rockon:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I just got an email confirming my track day, so looks like I'll see you, guys on Saturday :rockon:

NICE! I downgraded my room (AGAIN!), so you and Marat can split his room and I'll be splitting mine with my buddy Dave.