Last track day of the season: $100 for full day (including school) for first timers!!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you're near South NJ and have always wondered what it would be like to do a track day, now is the time!

Absolute Cycle is offering a $100 special to 1st time riders (I am not affiliated with them in any way, nor do I particularly like their administration, but coaches are very nice and friendlly and the price cannot be beat!)

I am registered for this event: NJMP New Jersey Motorsports Park Lightning Motorcycle Track Day October 26th Sat Absolute Cycle Experience

Do mention my name (Eric Bindman) if you sign up. I think it may get me some small credit, but I won't hold it against you if you skip that step :D

Feel free to ask questions about the actual track day, should you have any. I've ridden with them once, so I have a pretty good idea of how the day goes.

Hope to see some of you there!!

Last edited:

pulsar2

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am interested and might be able to make it. So :
- What is event insurance? Will my existing motorcycle insurance cover the bike?
- What are the basic things I need to carry?
- Do I need to remove the Givi rack for the event?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am interested and might be able to make it. So :
- What is event insurance? Will my existing motorcycle insurance cover the bike?
- What are the basic things I need to carry?
- Do I need to remove the Givi rack for the event?

- Event insurance has nothing to do with covering body or property. It's to insure your payment, in case you decide to not go. Without insurance, you lose the 100. With insurance, you get a credit to use the money at another event.
The insurance makes a lot more sense when you're paying non-introductory price (quite a bit higher).

- This should answer a lot of question regarding gear and bike prep: ABSOLUTE CYCLE EXPERIENCE MOTORCYCLE TRACKDAYS & SCHOOLS - Information,Support, Explanations :: Popular Questions & Answers

- Last time I was at the track, I did not remove my Givi rack (only because I didn't have the quick release key with me.. long story). So, no.. you do not need to remove it.

*** Their website clearly states: "Suits are available to our first timers free of charge". He wanted to charge me $50 cleaning fee. I argued with him for good 5 minutes. If the site says it's FREE, charging anything (I don't care what it's for), is false advertising! He finally agreed and both motojoe and I got free leathers! ***

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry.. didn't answer one of your questions. Whatever motorcycle coverage you have fully applies to track days, as long as you are not being timed. (some companies may say timing is ok, but racing is not covered, but you won't be doing either.. so it will be covered)

pulsar2

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So it will be a total of 100$ for the beginners ride including leathers? That is one awesome introductory offer!! One last question, are the boots included with the suit or I should get my own?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So it will be a total of 100$ for the beginners ride including leathers? That is one awesome introductory offer!! One last question, are the boots included with the suit or I should get my own?

Yup, 100 is the full price. Boots are not included, as far as I know (I did not ask because I have my own). To be honest, if you plan on sticking with riding, you really should get a good pair of boots anyway :thumbup: (and while you're at it, pick up something nice and sturdy for your lovely wife!)

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I forgot to ask you earlier if you had a spare bedroom cause I'm gonna be single again due to this addition:BLAA:

pulsar2

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Done:cheer:!! will get new boots as well(both me and wife):thumbup:.

And in this excitement, I forgot to put your name during sign up.:spank:

Anyways, see you guys on 26th!!:rockon:

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you're near South NJ and have always wondered what it would be like to do a track day, now is the time!

Absolute Cycle is offering a $100 special to 1st time riders (I am not affiliated with them in any way, nor do I particularly like their administration, but coaches are very nice and friendlly and the price cannot be beat!)

I am registered for this event: NJMP New Jersey Motorsports Park Lightning Motorcycle Track Day October 26th Sat Absolute Cycle Experience

Do mention my name (Eric Bindman) if you sign up. I think it may get me some small credit, but I won't hold it against you if you skip that step :D

Feel free to ask questions about the actual track day, should you have any. I've ridden with them once, so I have a pretty good idea of how the day goes.

Hope to see some of you there!!

Ths is one hell of a deal, anyone remotely close to this track should take advantage of this..:rockon:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Done:cheer:!! will get new boots as well(both me and wife):thumbup:.

And in this excitement, I forgot to put your name during sign up.:spank:

Anyways, see you guys on 26th!!:rockon:

Excellent!! :thumbup:

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
When's the last day to sign up? If the weather is good Count me in! Should I bring my pop up canopy lol?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
When's the last day to sign up? If the weather is good Count me in! Should I bring my pop up canopy lol?

I don't know if there is a last day. It may just go by number of spots. If it fills all the way up, I'm guessing they'll close it.

I'll definitely be bringing a pop-up. Don't know if we'll need more than one.

DeepBlueRider

Reaction score
Visit site

Thread hijack :)

Do you have any track bikes rentals on east coast ? Preferably something like Feel Like A Pro - they are hauling fleet of track prepared ninjas 250 to multiple events and you can rent for a whole day for ~200 USD.

I'm considering visiting you guys and riding with you on east tracks, but I'm not going to haul my bike there :)

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thread hijack :)

Do you have any track bikes rentals on east coast ? Preferably something like Feel Like A Pro - they are hauling fleet of track prepared ninjas 250 to multiple events and you can rent for a whole day for ~200 USD.

I'm considering visiting you guys and riding with you on east tracks, but I'm not going to haul my bike there :)

It would be awesome if we had something like that, but as far as I know (and doing quick search) we do not have that.

However, A.C. do rent bikes. Only issue is there is no clear number listed anywhere when it comes to price (this is where the administrative part comes in.. the one I'm not at all fond off).

The guy I've had to deal with most of the time (Johnny) seems to pull numbers out of a hat. Has no clear answers, most of the time.
Roy, however, has been very good. I don't know if this email goes directly to him, but that's how I've been communicating with him: [email protected]

Do keep in mind that weather could be a factor. Few years ago, I was teaching BRC on the last weekend of October and it started snowing hard!! (needless to say we had to stop the class :( )

DeepBlueRider

Reaction score
Visit site
[email protected]

Do keep in mind that weather could be a factor. Few years ago, I was teaching BRC on the last weekend of October and it started snowing hard!! (needless to say we had to stop the class :( )

Ok I will shoot them an email or call them. But that will be next year :)

If any of you east coast guys wants to ride west tracks drop me a line.

pulsar2

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yay :cheer: !!! My registration has just been confirmed.

One question to Joe/Erci - I dont have frame sliders on the bike yet, do you guys think I might need them for the first track day?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yay :cheer: !!! My registration has just been confirmed.

One question to Joe/Erci - I dont have frame sliders on the bike yet, do you guys think I might need them for the first track day?

Well.. no guarantees on track, just like there are no guarantees on street, so it's up to you. Personally, I don't use them on my street bike. I've seen cases where sliders save the bike and I've seen cases where sliders makes the damage worse.

Typically, they help a great deal when the bike is just tipped over. When the bike is moving at good speed and hits the side, things can go either way. If the slider gets caught on something, it can flip the bike or crack the frame. :don'tknow:

Best thing to do is to take it easy and make slow steady progress, so you won't have to test your machines crash-worthiness :thumbup:

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
So yeah - Jersey is about 8 hours away, but it would be fun to do this with all of you guys. I've made the trip across PA on the fazer before, wouldn't be tooo bad - Does anyone live close to the track that's willing to put up little old me for a night before or after? Not sure if I'll do it or not, but I just checked at my local tracks and realized I've missed their last day of the season.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So yeah - Jersey is about 8 hours away, but it would be fun to do this with all of you guys. I've made the trip across PA on the fazer before, wouldn't be tooo bad - Does anyone live close to the track that's willing to put up little old me for a night before or after? Not sure if I'll do it or not, but I just checked at my local tracks and realized I've missed their last day of the season.

I'm too far away (2 hours). I plan to drive down Friday night and stay at a hotel. At least 2 other people are going. We should be able to score a room pretty cheap. You're welcome to stay at my place after the track, but you'll have to follow me by bike for 2 hours and trust me, it'll be a very exhausting day.

I rode back after last one, but I quit 1/2 way through the day, knowing how much more I'd need to ride to get back.