Laminar Flow and Turbulance:

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
At the base of our factory-installed windshields there is an airspace, about 1/4" all the way across the bottom of the windscreen. (I know why it's there) Have any of you closed this off to see how it affects wind flow?
Just wondering....
Thanks.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Not to go off topic but - - - It'd be interesting to see our bikes in the wind tunnel with a smoke stream in both faired, normal, short & tall wind screens and the naked. . .

Oh - with a rider of course. Anyone have access to such things?

I suppose some tape and short sections of yarn would get us some basic info. A chase camera with side and frontal views at various speeds could capture the air flow, currents, eddies, vacuum etc. . .

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Not to go off topic but - - - It'd be interesting to see our bikes in the wind tunnel with a smoke stream in both faired, normal, short & tall wind screens and the naked. . .

I suppose some tape and short sections of yarn would get us some basic info. A chase camera with side and frontal views at various speeds could capture the air flow, currents, eddies, vacuum etc. . .

I know id really be interested in seeing the difference between a faired vs naked

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site

Do a string test with someone following you with a car... the old school way.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Do a string test with someone following you with a car... the old school way.

I wonder how far back you'd have to be to get clean air again?

My luck it'd go in the wheel and I'd FacePlant on video. . . We need a clean areo pure car that doesn't disrupt the slipstream too much. Maybe even a bike with a poll out the side???

Another option would be a unicorn and run the string yourself! lol

It'd look pretty ****....