Laguna Seca MotoGP July 18-20.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Too cool, I always wanted to do that ride and see the GP....one of these days....

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, I love this forum (not a FZ6 rider but love the bike). I am riding to the MotoGP races from SoCal. I would like to extend the offer to anyone interested in riding up with me.

Check out this thread for more details.

MotoGP Laguna Seca Ride

I am likely riding up there with my brother, who also rides an FZ6. As the date approaches, I'll let you know what transpires.

kevlarian

Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds good, let me know what you find. I was planning to just ride up 101 to it, but I bet PCH/highway 1 would be a lot more fun.:thumbup:

Ya, 101 up to a few 2 lane mountain roads (have three or four of them picked out) and then the rest of the way up PCH. Dude. If you are just going up 101 the entire way; might as well fly and forget the trip.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Ya, 101 up to a few 2 lane mountain roads (have three or four of them picked out) and then the rest of the way up PCH. Dude. If you are just going up 101 the entire way; might as well fly and forget the trip.

Well, trust me, the good roads are when you get there. I usually just get there as quickly as I can and then hit the backroads in Monterey. Arguably some of the best in the country.

kevlarian

Reaction score
Visit site
...bump..

OK, final call! Anyone riding up from SoCal to the MotoGP races next week? If so, let me know, I will coordinate 2 meet locations (OC and LA) If there is more necessary (TO or more central CA) I'll arrange more stops, but right now, I only have OC and LA people riding up.

Let me know if you are interested and where you want to meet. I'll send out the meeting locations/times.

Thanks!
.kev

damnpoor

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm from around Monterey. I can tell you that Friday and Saturday night on cannery row are the place to be. There are soooo many motorbikes around Monterey on this weekend that you'll piss your pants.

kevlarian

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm from around Monterey. I can tell you that Friday and Saturday night on cannery row are the place to be. There are soooo many motorbikes around Monterey on this weekend that you'll piss your pants.

Yup! This is my third year in a row. It has become my annual pilgrimage...:Sport:

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, if you want to keep this post specific to a So Cal ride up let me know and I'll start another thread. I'm already in No Cal so obviously won't ride up with y'all but I'm interested in arranging a meet during the race.

I'm going on the 20th and plan to be there all day. I don't think we need anything too complicated, maybe just a list of who will be there and we exchange phone #s so we can text to find each other.

If I'm the only one from No Cal then I'll just get contact info for HH and I'll find you guys on Sunday.

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone have solid plans for the race yet?

Wavex and his stepdad are flying in on Sunday and I'm picking them at the airport. We'll drive down and get there a little after noon.

Who is coming in a group? Who's coming solo? Let's make sure we exchange phone numbers so we can meet up.

Travis

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Stupid sick people! Can't they stop getting sick for one lousy weekend so that you can get up here for a race?

Too bad you can't make it; we'll take some good pics for you!

It wouldn't be the same without Wavex anyway. Wish I was there... post those pics up when you get back:cheer:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
:) let's try to all be at the Yamaha tent by 2:00pm! I`ll be wearing my black SBN t-shirt (I know sorry!!! I don`t have an FZ6-Forum t-shirt yet)...

All FZ6 riders unite! :D

See you there and thanks CHEMIKER for the ride! you`re da man :rockon::thumbup: