Kriega US Tank Bag Adapter

8-oji

Reaction score
Visit site
Yup, I picked up the tank bag adapter a few weeks ago.

Sorry about the weird discoloration on the pictures, but it should give you a pretty good idea of how it's rigged up.

The way I have it setup is has front straps attached to the bracket that holds the fuel tank down.

View attachment 20662

View attachment 20663

The quick release tabs are those circular buttons and the straps those are attached to run to the frame just below the seat.

The adapter is pretty easy to get off and on for fueling, however if you have a bag attached, it could be a little tricky balancing it on the handlebars.

As for scratching, nothing so far. The bottom looks like heavy duty shelf liner and looks like it protects the tank pretty well. It does leave some sort of residue on the tank like a fingerprint, but nothing permanent. Its easily wiped off with a cloth.

Hope this helps!:thumbup:

forwil

***** Elite
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Would you recommend this setup? What bag do you have, and do you have a pic with it on? Thanks for you help

8-oji

Reaction score
Visit site
blueMonday - Blacklight? I'm keeping the FZ in a nightclub :rockon:, that tank needs a mirrorball finish to top it off. Nah, its probably an error with the CMOS sensor on the camera used yesterday.

forwil - Alright, here ya go! Got a better camera this time.

View attachment 20725
Kriega US 10

View attachment 20726
Kriega US 20

View attachment 20727
Tank adapter flipped up for fueling

View attachment 20728
Bottom of the tank adapter

I picked up the Kriega bag system b/c of the modular design and build. The 10L bag can be stacked on the 20 or you can mount two 10Ls on the sides. There's alot of flexibility in how you want to rig everything up. Waterproofing is a plus, while not critical in S. California its good to have just in case (someone turns on their windshield wipers in front of me :D). Also, that straps that hook the bag to the adapter is replaceable if it gets worn down. No need to toss the bag b/c a strap is frayed.

The 10L works great on the tank adapter, it would be awesome if there was a way to mount a clear map pouch but it wasn't exactly designed for that.
I was originally looking at the Kriega stuff b/c their tailbag setup was interesting. When they listed a tank bag adapter, it was worth throwing down the extra cash to give it try.
Definitely ask yourself, what you plan to do with these bags. What kind of riding are you going to do and what kind of things you'll be putting in it.

Good luck with your decision!

forwil

***** Elite
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the pictures and the food for thought. I use the R35 backpack almost every day, and got to looking at the US10 to hook up to it or use as a tail pack when I don’t need or want to tote the backpack. Then I saw the tank bag setup……….
Douse the US 20 feel to big on the tank?
Thanks again

8-oji

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice, you've got a backpack from Kriega, get pictures up on this thread for other folks who are looking into this platform. There's a few posts about the bags but for the backpack, maybe not as much? :don'tknow:

For me, the 20 is a bit big on the tank. Its a bit hard to duck down behind the windshield at freeway speeds with it in the front. So it definitely limits the range of body positioning on the bike. If a rider is usually upright, then it should be fine. I'd imagine its a good option for two up riding. Don't forget, if the bike needs to be refueled the bag has to be either removed or balanced on the handlebars.

Boogie Woogie

Reaction score
Visit site
Kriega R30 rucksack. 100% Waterproof?

Has anyone used the Kriega R30 backpack yet. I was looking at buying one instead of a tank bag? I need to know are the tail packs 100% waterproof as I need to carry a 17inch laptop to work and the R30 utilises the same technology as the us10 us20 tail packs?

user65r9b

Reaction score
Visit site
blueMonday - Blacklight? I'm keeping the FZ in a nightclub :rockon:, that tank needs a mirrorball finish to top it off. Nah, its probably an error with the CMOS sensor on the camera used yesterday.

forwil - Alright, here ya go! Got a better camera this time.

View attachment 20725
Kriega US 10

View attachment 20726
Kriega US 20

View attachment 20727
Tank adapter flipped up for fueling

View attachment 20728
Bottom of the tank adapter

I picked up the Kriega bag system b/c of the modular design and build. The 10L bag can be stacked on the 20 or you can mount two 10Ls on the sides. There's alot of flexibility in how you want to rig everything up. Waterproofing is a plus, while not critical in S. California its good to have just in case (someone turns on their windshield wipers in front of me :D). Also, that straps that hook the bag to the adapter is replaceable if it gets worn down. No need to toss the bag b/c a strap is frayed.

The 10L works great on the tank adapter, it would be awesome if there was a way to mount a clear map pouch but it wasn't exactly designed for that.
I was originally looking at the Kriega stuff b/c their tailbag setup was interesting. When they listed a tank bag adapter, it was worth throwing down the extra cash to give it try.
Definitely ask yourself, what you plan to do with these bags. What kind of riding are you going to do and what kind of things you'll be putting in it.

Good luck with your decision!

Could you explain how the mounting system works for the tank bag? How secure does it feel compared to magnetic tank bags?

Has anyone used the Kriega R30 backpack yet. I was looking at buying one instead of a tank bag? I need to know are the tail packs 100% waterproof as I need to carry a 17inch laptop to work and the R30 utilises the same technology as the us10 us20 tail packs?

Haven't used the R30, but from everything I've read, the main compartment is 100% waterproof just like the US-5/10/20. Same Dry Pack tech.

8-oji

Reaction score
Visit site
The straps at the top are hooked in through the bracket holding the fuel tank to the frame. Then the bottom straps are looped through a gap in the frame that's underneath the front seat.

I never had a magnetic tank bag to compare it to so someone else will have to chime in on this one. As long as the straps are cinched down and the contents of the bag are evenly distributed, its pretty solid.

And yes, its waterproof. I got caught out in some decent rain once (yeah it rains occasionally in S. California) and everything inside the bag was as dry as when it was put in. One would be pushing their luck if they decided to fully submerge these things though.