kickstand HELP

JAZZ-n-FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

I just lubed my kickstand...easy enough. I took it off and regreased everything. Now when I am tightening things down it doesn't get real tight. The bolt is tight, but there is play/wobble in it going side to side. I don't remember this being this way. Anyone got any ideas. Stupid simple things like this drive me crazy...i can rebuild an elantra's engine but this gives me problems.

Also, i do have the washer. Any help would be great.

Jeremy

JAZZ-n-FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Erci and Maverick for the quick replies. I was guessing it was normal because the centerstand has some play in it as if the bolts are not really tight and I did not touch any of them.

I cannot believe how much easier it is to move my kickstand. It was so sticky that it would almost get stuck. It just happened so slowly that I did not notice the change. Kinda like the first time I lubed my clutch cable...HEAVEN!!! I think that it probably did not have much play because it was so sticky.

I Highly recommend everyone do this. It takes only 15 minutes at most (unless you're like me and then spend an extra 30 minutes trying to figure out why it is not "tighten all the way."